A few weeks ago my friend at work asked me if I'd ever used rice paper. Surprisingly I told her that I had not. She told me that she tried them and found them to be gummy and not very appetizing. The next day she brought me in a package of the rice paper to see if I would have any better luck with them . I took them home and was determined to use them. When I found out that Finger Foods was the theme for Sunday Supper I knew that the rice paper would be perfect for this theme.
I searched through many recipes before I found a few that I thought I might like. The one that really caught my eye was the Fresh Vegetable Rainbow Roll recipe. It was so pretty with all the colorful vegetables in the rolls.
The rolls were really easy to make. You simply dip the rice paper in water and fill it with the filling. I stacked the colorful vegetables in the rice paper and rolled it up. It easily stuck together so I didn't have to worry about pressing and sealing.
I did find that the rolls were a little bit gummy and sticky. However, when I put them in the refrigerator for an hour and then ate them I found they were less gummy. The sipping sauce is a must for these rolls. It adds just the right amount of flavor to these tasty vegetable rolls.
- For the rolls:
- 12 spring roll wrappers (rice paper)
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 2 carrots, grated
- 2 yellow bell peppers, cut into thin strips
- 3 green onions, chopped
- ⅓ c. cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 c. red cabbage, thinly sliced
- ¼ c. soy sauce
- ¼ c. rice vinegar
- 1 T. sesame oil
- 1 t. ginger, grated
- 1 t. sesame seeds
- 1 T. green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Fill a large, shallow bowl with water. Dip a spring roll into the water for 10 seconds to soften it up. Remove and place on a cutting board.
- Place 2 strips of red pepper, 1 tablespoon of carrots, and 2 strips of yellow pepper in the center of the wrapper. Place 1 tablespoon of green onions, 1 tablespoon of cilantro, and 2 tablespoons of red cabbage on top of the first row of vegetables.
- Fold the sides on top of the vegetables then roll up the vegetable roll. Repeat with the remaining 11 rolls. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine all the ingredients for the sauce and whisk together.
- Serve the rainbow rolls with the sesame soy ginger sauce.
- **The wrappers may be a little chewy. I found that putting the rolls in the refrigerator for an hour before serving helped. **
- Artichoke Jalapeno Bruschetta by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Bacon Wrapped Dates by Our Good Life
- Baked Blue Cheese Olive Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Baked Chicken Flautas by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Baked Piroshki (Russian Stuffed Rolls) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Blue Cheese & Buffalo Chicken Wonton Bites by Moore or Less Cooking
- Caprese Polenta Cakes by Eat, Drink and be Tracy
- Cherry Topped Brie Bites by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Pesto Pizza by Taste And See
- Classic Homemade Guacamole by Pies and Plots
- Fresh Vegetable Rainbow Rolls by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Italian Fried Stuffed Olives by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Healthy Buffalo Chicken Kabobs by Hardly A Goddess
- Mini Feta Leek Quiche by FoodieTots
- Mini Mediterranean Shish Kebabs by Hey What’s for Dinner Mom?
- Pan Seared Bruschetta by Seduction in the Kitchen
- Raspberry Glazed Chicken Wings by Family Around The Table
- Sesame Chicken Fingers by An Appealing Plan
- Spicy Popcorn Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Battered-dipped Turkey Tenders by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Beef Wellington Bites by Food Lust People Love
- Broccoli, Ham and Cheese Egg Muffin Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Broccoli, Ham & Cheese Double Stuffed Potatoes by Simply Healthy Family
- Cheesy Baked Garlic Chicken Strips by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Cuban Sandwiches by My World Simplified
- Chicken Parmesan Sliders by The Chef Next Door
- Ethiopian Injera and Tikel Gomen (cabbage, carrots and potato) by Caroline’s Cooking
- Fish fingers and Old Bay Dip by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Crunchy-Coated Haddock Fingers by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Ham and Cheese Sliders by Feeding Big and More
- Mini Pizza Pockets by The Freshman Cook
- Mini Pizzas by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Ribs with Whiskey Maple Barbecue Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- Savory Beef and Veggie Hand Pies by Positively Stacey
- Spinach-Feta Rolls by Wholistic Woman
- Lasagna Cupcakes by A Mind Full Mom
- Tacos in Lettuce Wraps by Simple and Savory
- Thai Basil Chicken Lettuce Wraps by Casa de Crews
- Thai-Indian Beef Lettuce Cups by The Texan New Yorker
- Vegetarian Piadina Sandwich by she loves biscotti
- Yuca Fritters Stuffed with Cheese by Basic N Delicious
- Blueberry and Brie Tarts by Momma’s Meals
- Roasted Strawberry Hand Pies by Baking Sense
- Salted Caramel Cream Puffs by The Redhead Baker
Plus Bite-sized Pavlovas and More Finger Food Recipes from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement