When winter rolls around I start thinking about hot beverages and sweet treats. I love drinking warm beverages because they warm me up from the inside out whenever it’s cold outside. Then I tend to make a ton of sweets because everyone wants a treat during the holiday season!
This year I decided to combine the two into one delicious sweet. I took my favorite flavors from hot cocoa and made them into a fudge. That’s right, this Hot Cocoa Fudge is perfect when paired with a cup of hot cocoa or hot coffee for the ultimate winter treat.
The other thing I love about this fudge is that it’s so easy to make. Don’t believe me? I made this recipe while my baby was taking a nap and his naps are pretty short these days. I managed to whip it up in about 10 minutes and still had time to sit down and get a few things finished after I was done making it.
The fudge consists of a layer of spiced dark chocolate topped with a layer of white chocolate. Then I sprinkled mini marshmallows on top of the white chocolate layer and popped it into the refrigerator. After it firmed up I cut it into squares are that was it!
I love the flavor of this fudge. The dark chocolate layer has just a hint of cinnamon and is rich and delicious. Then the white chocolate is lighter and creamy. The marshmallows on top are simply a fun addition. This is a great treat to give as a holiday gift or to put on a holiday dessert table
- 2 c. dark chocolate chips
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with foil.
- Place the dark chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and the white chocolate chips in another microwave safe bowl. Add 1/4 cup of sweetened condensed milk to the white chocolate chips and the remaining sweetened condensed milk and cinnamon to the dark chocolate chips.
- Melt the dark chocolate chips and sweetened milk in 30 second intervals, stirring after each heating, until completely melted. Pour in the prepared pan.
- Melt the white chocolate chips and sweetened milk in 30 second intervals, stirring after each heating, until completely melted. Pour on top of the dark chocolate.
- Immediately pour the mini marshmallows on top of the white chocolate and press them into the chocolate.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours. Cut into 2 inch squares.
Recipe from Wonky Wonderful
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Candy Recipes
- Chocolate Raspberry Truffles by That Recipe
- Easy Homemade Chocolate Truffles by Family Around the Table
- Easy Keto Pralines by Our Good Life
- Easy Peanut Butter Chocolate Swirl Bark by Blogghetti
- Easy Peanut Butter Fudge by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Homemade Salted Caramels by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Hot Cocoa Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pecan Turtles by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pistachio Brittle without Corn Syrup by Art of Natural Living