As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This past weekend we had a holiday party with a bunch of our friends. I really love entertaining because it’s my time to shine as a cook and baker. I enjoy choosing new recipes and making them for my friends to try. Baking wise I had everything planned out and decided on using some of my favorite cupcake and fudge recipes from the past. That meant I wanted to make some new appetizer recipes.
Everyone loves crackers with cheese and different dips. It’s always a favorite of mine and my friends. I often buy a cheese ball, cut up a few types of cheese, and pair it with crackers. I went to Target looking for a way to do a fun twist on the classic cheese and crackers. I first went to the crackers aisle and picked up several boxes of Town House Crackers. They have so many different varieties I had a hard time choosing which ones I wanted! I finally bought the original crackers, the pretzel thins, and the pita crackers. I knew I wanted to serve the pita crackers with hummus and the pretzel thins with the cream cheese covered with homemade jalapeno jam.
Then I looked at the original crackers and the idea to make my own cheese ball came to mind. I love a good cheddar cheese ball but I wanted to do something different with it. After looking up and down the aisles I finally decided on a Jalapeno Bacon Cheddar Cheese Ball. I love the jalapeno bacon combination in so many different things and knew it would be a hit in a cheese ball.
When I got home I got to work frying the bacon while combining the ingredients for the cheese ball. When I got everything together in the bowl I tasted it to make sure it was good. Let me tell you, it wasn’t just good, it was great! There was a ton of flavor from the cheddar cheese and bacon and the jalapenos gave it a nice kick. The only problem was that it was super sticky and I had no idea how I was going to keep it together.
My eyes fell on the box of Town House original crackers. I took one of the 4 sleeves out and crushed them up. I divided the mixture into two cheese balls. Then I rolled each cheese ball in the cracker crumbs. They easily stuck to the cheese ball and looked pretty great. Since I was serving the cheese ball with Town House crackers it was perfect to cover the cheese ball with the crackers.
I only planned on serving one cheese ball at our holiday party and keeping the other one for my husband and I but it was such a hit I put out the second one and it was gone within minutes. I actually think I like my cheese ball better then the ones I purchase at the store!
- 4 slices bacon
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 3 jalapenos, minced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. pepper
- 1 t. sea salt
- Town House Original Crackers
- Fry the bacon in a pan until browned. Remove from pan and place on a paper towel lined plate. Allow the grease to drain and then chop the bacon. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cream cheese, cheddar cheese, jalapenos, garlic cloves, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, and salt. Mix well until combined. Set aside.
- Place one sleeve of Town House Crackers in a plastic baggie. Pound with your fist or a crab mallet until the crackers are reduced to crumbs.
- Place the cracker crumbs in a shallow dish.
- Divide the cheese ball mixture in half. Roll each half into a ball. Roll each ball in the cracker crumbs coating it completely.
- Wrap the cheese balls in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 191Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 587mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 7g