As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
In the summer I made a Lemon Sugar Scrub to help smooth out the rough skin on my hands and feet I get from gardening in the summer time. It may also be because I can’t stand to wear shoes or socks in the summer either so I’m often outside without my shoes on.
I just ran out of my Lemon Sugar Scrub and was going to make some more when I came across a recipe for Green Tea and Lemon Sugar Scrub. I really liked the idea of combining tea with the lemon because it’s one of my favorite pairings. When I looked through my closet I didn’t have any green tea. Most of my tea is black tea so I shuffled through the flavors until I found one that I thought would work great with the lemon and the black tea scrub.
I ended up using a black mint tea. I mixed the black tea along with sugar, baby oil, mint extract, and lemon essential oil to acheive a wonderful smelling scrub. I loved the addition of the tea flecks in the sugar scrub. I added a few dots of food coloring to give it a bright yellow green color. It smells awesome and it works great plus it would make a great homemade holiday gift!
- 2 c. sugar
- 1/4 c. baby oil
- 2 mint flavored tea bags
- 1 teaspoon mint extract
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon essential oil
- 5 drops yellow food coloring
- 1 drop green food coloring
- 2 half pint jars
- In a jar bowl combine the sugar and baby oil, mixing until the sugar is moist.
- Rip open the tea bags and pour the contents into the bowl with the sugar. Add the mint extract and lemon oil and mix well.
- Stir in the food coloring, mixing until combined.
- Divide the mixture in half and place half in each jar, filling completely.
- Put on the lids and tie on a ribbon if desired.
Adapted from Living Better Together