Easter is almost here! Do you have your Easter dinner and dessert planned? Since I always bring dessert for the holidays I've been experimenting with different cakes and cookies to take to my parents for the holiday.
On my most recent trip to Walmart I went down the Easter candy aisle and I saw several fun new Easter M&M's flavors! I picked up a bag of the Easter Sundae and a bag of the M&M's Speckled Malt Easter Eggs. I made cupcakes with the Easter Sundae ones but I wanted to make cookies with the speckled malt eggs.
I ended up using the regular cookie recipe I use all of the time with butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and flour. I added in the M&M's speckled malt eggs as well as some mini chocolate chips. They were really easy to make and only took 12-14 minutes to bake.
The resulting cookie looked like a chocolate chip cookie but with plenty of pastel speckled eggs in the mixture. It really gave these cookies a spring feel and the malt flavor really came through in the cookies. These were a great choice for Easter and they are so easy that the kids can even help making them!
- ¾ c. butter, softened
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. salt
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1½ c. flour
- 2 c. malt M&M's speckled eggs
- ½ c. mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and stir well.
- In a medium bowl combine the salt, baking powder, and flour. Mix to combine.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the the M&M's and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Scoop large tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets leaving 2-3 inches in between each cookie.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until just brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
[email protected] Baking in Pyjamas
How fun, I love the colour peeking through the cookies.
Linda @ 2 Cookin' Mamas
You've definitely made me crave some of those new M&M malted chocolate candies - not that I need much convincing to eat M&Ms. Love all the pastel colors in your cookies and I bet the addition of the malted chocolate flavor was delicious.
Thanks! I think the pastel malt M&M's are fun and they certainly do add a great flavor.
These look delicious, and a great way to change up chocolate chip cookies.
I fell for the M&Ms Easter aisle too! Now I have a few bags begging to be used. These cookies are perfect!
They were really good! Plus perfect for spring!
These are definitely a great choice for Easter... I need to hunt down those pastel M and Ms!
They are so pretty!
In my book you can never go wrong with m&m cookies! LOVE!
The colorful candies add such a festive touch to your cookies. Happy Easter!
Thank you! They were really fun!
I have so much fun in the Easter candy aisle too. I adore all the bright colors. Great choice for using the malt candies for your cookies.
Thanks Renee! I love looking at all the festive colors and flavors of candy!