Easter is almost here! Do you have your Easter dinner and dessert planned? Since I always bring dessert for the holidays I’ve been experimenting with different cakes and cookies to take to my parents for the holiday.
On my most recent trip to Walmart I went down the Easter candy aisle and I saw several fun new Easter M&M’s flavors! I picked up a bag of the Easter Sundae and a bag of the M&M’s Speckled Malt Easter Eggs. I made cupcakes with the Easter Sundae ones but I wanted to make cookies with the speckled malt eggs.
I ended up using the regular cookie recipe I use all of the time with butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and flour. I added in the M&M’s speckled malt eggs as well as some mini chocolate chips. They were really easy to make and only took 12-14 minutes to bake.
The resulting cookie looked like a chocolate chip cookie but with plenty of pastel speckled eggs in the mixture. It really gave these cookies a spring feel and the malt flavor really came through in the cookies. These were a great choice for Easter and they are so easy that the kids can even help making them!
- ¾ c. butter, softened
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 t. salt
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1½ c. flour
- 2 c. malt M&M's speckled eggs
- ½ c. mini chocolate chips
- In a large bowl cream the butter, brown sugar, and sugar.
- Add in the egg and vanilla and stir well.
- In a medium bowl combine the salt, baking powder, and flour. Mix to combine.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Fold in the the M&M's and chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Scoop large tablespoons of dough onto baking sheets leaving 2-3 inches in between each cookie.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until just brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes before removing to a cooling rack to cool completely.
We all associate cookies with “The” holidays in December, but spring holidays are a great time for cookies also! Whether you are celebrating Easter, Passover, or something else, we’ve found some great traditional cookies from around the world for you!
You can also use us as a great resource for cookie recipes. Be sure to check out our Pinterest Board and our monthly posts (you can find all of them here at The Spiced Life). You will be able to find them the first Tuesday after the 15th of each month! Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
Also, if you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Chocolate Candy Coconut Cookies from Magnolia Day
- Easter Biscuits from Baking in Pyjamas
- Easter Egg Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Egyptian Date Crescents from Food Lust People Love
- Hamantaschen from A Shaggy Dough Story
- Lemon Hamantaschen from Spiceroots
- Lemon Meltaway Cookies from A Baker’s House
- Ma’amoul – Stuffed Date Cookies from All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Malt M&M’s Easter Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Maltese Figolli Cookies from Upstate Rambling
- Peach and Pistachio Frangiapane Hamantaschen from Live Bake Love
- Persian Nan e Nokhodchi or Chickpea Cookies from Flours and Frostings
- Taralli Dolci di Pasqua – Southern Italian Easter Cookies from The Spiced Life
- Zesty Citrus Bar Cookies from 2 Cookin’ Mamas