Do you know what Tuesday is? It's Mardi Gras! Mardi Gras is the last day before Lent begins and usually includes parades, indulgent food, and parties. In order to celebrate the Sunday Supper Movement is sharing our favorite Easy Mardi Gras recipes that you can make for Tuesday!
In the past I've made some fun Mardi Gras treats. I have recipes for King Cake, Mardi Gras cupcakes, Tri-Colored Mardi Gras Fudge, and even King Cake Pancakes. So I needed to find something a little different. Of course I wanted a sweet recipe because I like sweet things when I'm celebrating.
This week I'm sharing a recipe for a King Cake Cheese Ball. This isn't your typical savory cheese ball served with crackers. This is a sweet version made pretty with sprinkles and served with cookies or graham crackers. The sprinkles are green, purple, and gold which are Mardi Gras colors and it's a really fun appetizer or dessert recipe to share with friends!
I jazzed it up a little bit and added some flavor with browned butter. It adds a hint of nuttiness and a whole lot flavor. I also included cinnamon because traditional King Cakes have a lot of cinnamon in them so I used that as well. It has cream cheese and sugar and other tasty ingredients in it.
It's super easy to make and is ready in about 5 minutes. Serve with cookies or graham crackers for a dessert dip or appetizer. You could also serve with pieces of pound cake. Anyway you serve it up this is an easy and delicious Mardi Gras treat!
- ¼ c. butter
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 1 t. cinnamon
- 1 t. vanilla
- Green, purple, and yellow sprinkles
- Put the butter in a small skillet over medium high heat. Saute for 5-7 minutes or until browned. Remove from heat and stir in the brown sugar. Cool for 5 minutes.
- Place the cream cheese in a large bowl. Beat with a mixer until smooth.
- Add in the butter and sugar mixture and beat until smooth.
- Add in the powdered sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Pile the cheese ball mixture into the middle of a plate and shape into a ball.
- Sprinkle the yellow sprinkles on one side of the cheese ball, purple on the other side, and green in the middle.
- Chill until ready to serve. Serve with cookies, pound cake bites, or graham crackers.
Recipe adapted from Dip Recipe Creations
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 155Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 29mgSodium: 91mgCarbohydrates: 15gFiber: 0gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
More Mardi Gras Recipes:
- Hot Louisiana Shrimp Dip by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Mardi Gras Muffaletta Dip by For the Love of Food
- Bananas Foster French Toast by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Cajun Pasta Carnivale by Palatable Pastime
- Hawaiian Jambalaya by Shockingly Delicious
- Overnight Muffuletta Sandwich by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Slow Cooker Jambalaya by The Crumby Cupcake
- New Orleans Mardi Gras Beignets by Big Bear’s Wife
- Traditional Mardi Gras King Cake by Curious Cuisiniere