I start every morning off with a cup of coffee. This started when I was 23 or 24. Prior to that I didn’t drink any coffee, only the fun flavored lattes at the local coffee shop. Then I met my husband who is totally a coffee addict and now I have to have my morning cup of coffee each day. I do like to add a bit of flavored creamer but it’s still just coffee.
Why am I telling you all of this? Because this week Sunday Supper is sharing recipes with coffee! I have a ton of recipes with coffee on my blog. Everything from spiked coffee beverages to decadent coffee caramel fudge to coffee rubbed roasts. Coffee adds such a depth of flavor to so many different foods.
This week I’m sharing a coffee flavored dessert with you. It’s a No Bake Mocha Cheesecake and it’s amazing! It starts with a simple graham cracker crust. It’s then topped off with a light and fluffy mocha cheesecake layer. It’s made with rich chocolate, cream cheese, and espresso powder. It’s so good.
As if that wasn’t enough it’s then topped off with chocolate ganache and then decorated with fun candies. I used gold edible pearls, chocolate pieces, and chocolate covered coffee beans. It’s such a great looking cake and it tastes fantastic too!
The cheesecake is rich, chocolatey, and has a deep espresso flavor. The cheesecake is fairly light and the ganache is dark and rich. The candies on the top are just the icing on the cake. Plus it doesn’t take long at all to make it. The long time in this cake is the time in the refrigerator.
This cheesecake is great served with a cup of coffee or a tasty flavored latte. If you like your dessert with an adult beverage you can’t beat a glass of fruity red wine with this chocolate delight. So give it a try at your next party or dinner!
- 2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1½ packages cream cheese (12 oz)
- 3 c. whipped cream or whipped topping (8 oz)
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1½ c. chocolate chips, melted
- 4 T. espresso powder
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 2½ t. unflavored gelatin
- 2 T. hot water
- 1 c. dark chocolate
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 chocolate bar, broken into random pieces
- Gold or silver edible pearls
- ¼ c. chocolate covered coffee beans
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, melted butter, and salt in a food processor and process until it comes together in a clump.
- Dump the mixture into an 8 inch springform form. Press it down tightly against the bottom.
- Chill the crust for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- To make the cheesecake place the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Add in the melted chocolate chips and mix again until smooth.
- Dissolve the espresso powder in the heavy cream and then add to the chocolate cream cheese mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the gelatin to the hot water in a small bowl and mix. Allow it to bloom for 3 minutes. Pour into the bowl with the cream cheese mixture and mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the whipped cream and beat on low speed until combined.
- Pour over top of graham cracker crust and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Before serving heat the heavy cream in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer then remove from heat. Add the dark chocolate and mix until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and place on a cake stand or cake round. Pour the cooled ganache over top of the cake allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Top the cake with the chocolate pieces, edible pearls, and chocolate covered coffee beans.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
- Bulletproof Coffee My Way by Monica’s Table
- Caramel Turtle Mocha Frappe by The Weekend Gourmet
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Latte by Meal Planning Magic
- Apple Crumb Coffee Cake by Dessert Geek
- Banana Blueberry Streusel Coffee Cake by The Freshman Cook
- Cappuccino Overnight Oats by Pies and Plots
- Cardamom-Crumb Coffee Cake by Wholistic Woman
- Cinnamon Coffee Cake (Kaffee Kuchen) by Palatable Pastime
- Coconut & Coffee Gluten Free Scones by Caroline’s Cooking
- Coffee and Cream Cinnamon Buns by Cooking With Carlee
- Maple-Coffee Breakfast Sausage by Cricket’s Confections
- Pumpkin Coffee Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Pumpkin Spice Latte Breakfast Bites by Beauty and the Beets
- Whole Wheat Pecan Crumb Cake by Family Around The Table
- Best Coffee Frosting by My World Simplified
- Bittersweet Cremeux with Coffee Caramel and Bourbon Cream by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Brownies by Crazed Mom
- Chocolate Coffee Nut Bark by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Coffee Toffee Crunch Cookies by Family Foodie
- Coffee Vanilla Ice Cream Pie by Moore or Less Cooking
- Cold Brew Affogato by Helpful Homemade
- Dark Chocolate Espresso Torte with Strawberry Coulis by Gourmet Everyday
- Eiskaffee (German Coffee with Ice Cream) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Espresso Brownie Cupcake Sundaes by A Mind Full Mom
- Mocha Cake with Mocha Rum Icing by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Mocha Layer Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mocha Panna Cotta with Mascarpone Cream by The Crumby Cupcake
- NCR Cookies by Girl Abroad
- No Bake Mocha Cheesecake by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Polish Black Cake with Whipped Mocha frosting by Hardly A Goddess
- Sweet Cream Affogato by The Redhead Baker
- Coffee and Garlic Rubbed Pork Chops by Casa de Crews
- Java Dry Spice Rub Chops by Sunday Supper Movement
- Salmon-Mandarin Salad with Asian Vinaigrette & Coffee Dressing by Asian In America
- Sticky Coffee Chicken by Food Lust People Love
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.