I start every morning off with a cup of coffee. This started when I was 23 or 24. Prior to that I didn't drink any coffee, only the fun flavored lattes at the local coffee shop. Then I met my husband who is totally a coffee addict and now I have to have my morning cup of coffee each day. I do like to add a bit of flavored creamer but it's still just coffee.
Why am I telling you all of this? Because this week Sunday Supper is sharing recipes with coffee! I have a ton of recipes with coffee on my blog. Everything from spiked coffee beverages to decadent coffee caramel fudge to coffee rubbed roasts. Coffee adds such a depth of flavor to so many different foods.
This week I'm sharing a coffee flavored dessert with you. It's a No Bake Mocha Cheesecake and it's amazing! It starts with a simple graham cracker crust. It's then topped off with a light and fluffy mocha cheesecake layer. It's made with rich chocolate, cream cheese, and espresso powder. It's so good.
As if that wasn't enough it's then topped off with chocolate ganache and then decorated with fun candies. I used gold edible pearls, chocolate pieces, and chocolate covered coffee beans. It's such a great looking cake and it tastes fantastic too!
The cheesecake is rich, chocolatey, and has a deep espresso flavor. The cheesecake is fairly light and the ganache is dark and rich. The candies on the top are just the icing on the cake. Plus it doesn't take long at all to make it. The long time in this cake is the time in the refrigerator.
This cheesecake is great served with a cup of coffee or a tasty flavored latte. If you like your dessert with an adult beverage you can't beat a glass of fruity red wine with this chocolate delight. So give it a try at your next party or dinner!
- 2 c. graham cracker crumbs
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 1 stick melted butter
- 1½ packages cream cheese (12 oz)
- 3 c. whipped cream or whipped topping (8 oz)
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1½ c. chocolate chips, melted
- 4 T. espresso powder
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- 2½ t. unflavored gelatin
- 2 T. hot water
- 1 c. dark chocolate
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 chocolate bar, broken into random pieces
- Gold or silver edible pearls
- ¼ c. chocolate covered coffee beans
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, melted butter, and salt in a food processor and process until it comes together in a clump.
- Dump the mixture into an 8 inch springform form. Press it down tightly against the bottom.
- Chill the crust for 1 hour in the refrigerator.
- To make the cheesecake place the cream cheese and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl. Mix on medium speed until smooth. Add in the melted chocolate chips and mix again until smooth.
- Dissolve the espresso powder in the heavy cream and then add to the chocolate cream cheese mixture and mix until combined.
- Add the gelatin to the hot water in a small bowl and mix. Allow it to bloom for 3 minutes. Pour into the bowl with the cream cheese mixture and mix on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the whipped cream and beat on low speed until combined.
- Pour over top of graham cracker crust and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Before serving heat the heavy cream in a saucepan. Bring to a simmer then remove from heat. Add the dark chocolate and mix until smooth. Cool for 10 minutes.
- Remove the cheesecake from the springform pan and place on a cake stand or cake round. Pour the cooled ganache over top of the cake allowing it to drip down the sides.
- Top the cake with the chocolate pieces, edible pearls, and chocolate covered coffee beans.
- Keep in the refrigerator.
More Coffee Recipes:
- Chocolate Chip Mocha Smoothie by Sew You Think You Can Cook