I sell a lot of decorated sugar cookies. One of my most popular cookies are my baby shower cookies. I make baby carriages, gift boxes, and rattles. I've made them for people I know and people I don't know.
So when it came time for my own baby shower I had visions of making these cookies for my shower. Of course I didn't anticipate how tired I would be when I was pregnant or how many other orders I would currently have. So when my own shower rolled around I really didn't have the time to make the hand decorated sugar cookies.
I went looking for a cookie that was easier to make and wouldn't take up too much time. I found these adorable Nutter Butter Baby Shower Cookies. While I personally don't eat peanut butter, I was willing to work with these peanut butter filled cookies because they are just so cute! Plus I didn't have to make my own cookies so they were really easy to make too.
I made about 2 dozen of these cookies and it took me maybe 20 minutes. I brought them in to my shower at work and everyone laughed. I guess it's typical of me to make something for my own party.
To make these all I had to do was dip the Nutter Butter cookies into blue chocolate. Then I piped on eyeballs and a curl of hair. That's all there is to these cookies. They are adorable and perfect for any baby shower.
- 1 package Nutter Butter cookies
- ½ c. blue candy melts
- 3 T. white chocolate
- 3 T. chocolate
- Open the Nutter Butter cookies and set next to a piece of parchment paper.
- Place the blue candy melts in a microwave safe bowl. Heat in 30 second intervals, stirring after each heating, until the candy is melted.
- Dip half of each cookie into the blue candy melts and let the excess drip off. Place on the parchment paper and allow the candy to harden. Repeat with remaining cookies.
- Place the white chocolate in a small bowl and microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is melted.
- Put the white chocolate in a zip top baggie and snip off the top. Pipe two small circles on each cookie for the eyes. Allow them to harden for 10 minutes.
- Place the chocolate in a small bowl and microwave in 20 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is melted.
- Put the chocolate in a zip top baggie and snip off the top. Pipe a small dot in the center of each white chocolate dot to finish making the eyes.
- Use remaining chocolate to make a "curl" on top of the cookie. Allow cookies to sit for 15 minutes so chocolate can harden then place in an air tight container for up to 2 weeks.