How often do you stock your pantry? Are there items you always keep on hand? One of the questions I hear the most from readers, family, and friends is, "What's in your pantry?" Today I'm going to answer that question.
First let me say that I have a very well stocked pantry. I like to keep things on hand so if we have nothing for dinner or if plans fall through there's always something to eat in the house. I check my pantry items every other week and put them back on my shopping list as needed. I've divided them into several categories so it's easier to check if you have them or if you want to go shopping for them.
- Diced Tomatoes (great for soups and pastas)
- Tomato Sauce
- Tomato Paste
- Several types of canned beans (black beans and cannellini beans are my favorite)
- Salsa (for tacos or salads)
- Canned tuna
- Pickled Jalapeno Peppers
- Chipotle Peppers
- Pasta (at least 2 different types)
- Brown Rice
- Jasmine Rice
- Potatoes (either mashed or scalloped in a box)
- Breadcrumbs (regular and Panko)
Condiments and Sauces:
- Olive Oil
- Vegetable Oil
- Red Wine Vinegar
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Marinara Sauce
- Beef broth and chicken broth
- Soy Sauce
- Hot Sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Salt and Pepper
- Spices (I'll have another article on the spices you need in your pantry!)
These are the items you'll always find in my pantry. I'd say I use most of them several times a week. They are great for throwing together a simple dinner or to make a quick lunch. A lot of my pantry staples help me to make my vegetables and side dishes.
Now you've seen what's in my pantry, I want to hear what is in yours! What are your top 5 pantry staples?