As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Welcome to Holiday Side Dish Week! We will be posting on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday this week so make sure you come back all four days to enjoy the delicious holiday side dish recipes shared by nineteen amazing bloggers! There’s quite a variety of recipes and you can be sure to find something yummy to add to your holiday table.
I can’t believe the holidays are right around the corner! Thankfully this year I feel a bit more prepared then last year. At this time last year I had a 3 month old baby, was running on little to no sleep, and was trying to mail order all of my holiday items. I hadn’t made any holiday dishes yet because I just couldn’t find the time. In one word I was a bit of a mess.
Fast forward one year and I now have a handle on life and the holidays. J is now almost 15 months old and while he is all over the house and keeping us busy, his schedule is a lot more predictable, we get sleep at night, and I’m able to cook or bake while he’s awake. In fact, he really enjoys when I pick him up and carry him while I cook. He gets a kick out of watching and he loves being my taste tester.
Basically I’m back to cooking one or two months ahead of time so I actually made these Parmesan Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts last month but they would be a delicious side dish for Thanksgiving or Christmas. They are pretty easy to make and the recipe can be doubled, tripled, or quadrupled depending on how many people you are serving.
They start out like any Brussels Sprouts recipe by being roasted in the oven with oil, salt, pepper, and garlic. Then when they are half way cooked I added in some breadcrumbs and Parmesan. This makes a nice and crispy coating on top of the Brussels Sprouts and adds some flavor. Then when they are pulled out of the oven they are tossed with bacon and drizzled with balsamic.
These Brussels Sprouts are delicious. They have a ton of flavor from being roasted and the breadcrumb Parmesan mixture adds not only a bit of crunch but flavor as well. The bacon adds saltiness and the balsamic adds a sweetness that brings the entire dish together. Give them a try this holiday season, they are delicious!
- 1 lb. Brussels Sprouts, cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 c. breadcrumbs
- 1/4 c. Parmesan, grated
- 4 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the Brussels Sprouts on a baking sheet and drizzle with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the pepper, salt, and garlic powder.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Stir the Brussels Sprouts then sprinkle with the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for an additional 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and add the bacon. Toss to combine.
- Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and serve warm.
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
Take a look at all the fabulous Holiday Dish Recipes:
- Bacon and Pickled Jalapeno Cornbread Stuffing from Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Cheesy Bacon Creamed Spinach from Daily Dish Recipes
- Cranberry Orange Relish from Everyday Eileen
- Cranberry Sausage Sage Stuffing from Simple and Savory
- Dijon Maple Green Beans with Caramelized Pecans from Sweet Beginnings
- Low Carb Stuffing from Palatable Pastime
- Old Fashioned Celery and Onion Stuffing from Cookaholic Wife
- Parmesan Roasted Balsamic Brussels Sprouts from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Quinoa Stuffed Squash Boats from Joelene’s Recipe Journal
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts, Butternut Squash, Pecans, and Cranberry from The Tip Garden
- Scalloped Potatoes from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Skillet Cornbread with Bacon, Onion, Cheddar from Our Good Life
- Skillet Rolls from A Day in the Life on a Farm
- Vegan Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes from The Baking Fairy