Today is the perfect day to share all the peach recipes with you because tomorrow I begin hosting Stone Fruit Week and have some awesome recipes for you. But first we are sharing peach recipes this week for our From Our Dinner Table group. I’m excited because peach picking season should open up this week and now I’ll have a ton of new recipes to try!
I have already made several peach muffin and beverage recipes so I knew those were out of the question when I began brainstorming what to make for this event. I thought about making a cake but it’s been pretty hot outside so I haven’t wanted to use the oven and I’m not back to work yet so we don’t really have anywhere to take the cake which means we would eat it. I finally decided on cookies and these Peach Ginger Cookies are really delicious.
These aren’t your average crispy on the outside soft and chewy on the inside cookies. No these cookies are more of an all around soft and buttery cookie with fresh juicy peaches and ginger mixed into them. They are very easy to make and the recipe is easily doubled or tripled.
The dough is really soft when making these because instead of all granulated sugar it has half granulated and half powdered. This is good because it makes for a softer and more melt in your mouth cookie. Then only baking soda is used instead of baking powder so they don’t spread out much either.
In the end these cookies pack a lot of flavor. The peach flavor is strong and the ginger flavor is subtle. If you are looking for more of a strong ginger flavor I’d simply add in some crystalized ginger to the mix but I think these are light and soft and perfect for the end of summer. Serve them up with a big glass of tea or lemonade or have them after dinner with a big ole cup of coffee.
- ½ c. sugar
- ½ c. powdered sugar
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks)
- 2 t. vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. baking soda
- 3 c. flour
- 1 c. fresh peaches, chopped (I left the skin on but you can peel them if desired)
- 2 t. fresh grated ginger
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl cream together the sugar, powdered sugar, and butter until smooth.
- Add in the vanilla and eggs and mix until combined. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl combine the salt, baking soda, and flour.
- Pour the flour mixture into the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in the peaches and ginger.
- Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop the cookies onto a cookie sheet leaving 2 inches in between each cookie.
- bake for 12-15 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Remove from oven and transfer cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Ginger Peach Wine Slushies by That Recipe
- Grilled Peaches with Candied Ginger Ice Cream by Our Good Life
- Olive Oil-Poached Salmon Bellies with Summery Peach-Tomato Salsa by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Peach Ginger Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Peach Margarita by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Peach Pie by Art of Natural Living
- Peach Shortcakes with Candied Pecans by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Stone Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm