It’s summertime and that means cocktails out on the porch! Since I don’t work in the summer I love experimenting with fresh flavors and cocktails. It’s so nice to sit out on our screened in porch in the evening and sip on a flavorful cocktail to relax after the day. This week the Sunday Supper Movement is sharing Simple Mixed Drink recipes!
One of my favorite cocktails is a margarita. As I looked through my blog the other day I realized that I’ve made quite a few margaritas recipes but I’ve never blogged the classic margarita! How is that possible? I have no idea but I’m not sharing the classic recipe today.
Today I’m sharing a Pineapple Margarita recipe. I don’t know what it is about pineapples but I love enjoying them whenever I can. I love the sweetness that a pineapple brings to kabobs, to a fruit salad, and to a cocktail.
While the pineapple we get in our hometown is good, it’s nothing compared to the pineapple we tasted when we were in Hawaii. There is nothing quite like a fresh picked pineapple. It’s sweet, it’s juicy, it’s totally delicious. In fact, I almost had my brother ship me one when he went to Hawaii this spring!
This is a pineapple margarita recipe but it doesn’t have fresh pineapple in it. It actually uses pineapple juice to get the sweetness and flavor. I think that’s probably a good choice because the sweetness of pineapple juice tones down the liquor flavor in this margarita. I also used a bit of orange juice to give it a little bit of tartness.
The resulting cocktail is awesome. It’s a sweet and tart margarita with tropical flavors. It’s perfect for sipping in the summertime.
- 4 oz. pineapple juice
- 1 oz. orange juice
- 1 oz. tequila
- 1 oz. orange liqueur
- ½ oz. lime juice
- Run the rim of a glass under water and then dip the rim into margarita or coarse salt.
- In a cocktail shaker with ice combine all the margarita ingredients. Shake well for 30 seconds.
- Strain into the salted cup and garnish with a slice of lime or pineapple. Enjoy!
More Mixed Drink Recipes:
- Blackberry Gin Mule by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Pimm’s Cup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Dreamsicle Mocktail by The Freshman Cook
- Blackberry Mojitos by The Chef Next Door
- Frozen Peach Margaritas by Pies and Plots
- Strawberry Sunset Lemon Drop by Soulfully Made
- Cantaloupe Wine Slushie by Family Around the Table