As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Since Isabel does so much for us each week, a bunch of us decided to host a virtual birthday bash for her today! Since I know she enjoys cocktails (and who am I kidding, so do I!) I decided to bring a little champagne cocktail to the party. I mean, it’s not a party without the champagne!
I was having some serious writers block when thinking about what type of cocktail I wanted to make but thankfully going to the farmer’s market this weekend really helped me out. Peaches and plums were in abundance so I bought a bunch of each and brought them home. The peaches weren’t quite ripe yet so I started experimenting with the plums. I ended up making 4 different plum cocktails but this one was my favorite and it’s perfect for a summer birthday party.
The cocktail starts with ripe plums and fresh thyme. I plucked the thyme out of my herb garden. It is made by muddling the plums, thyme, lemon juice, and simple syrup together in a bowl. Then it’s poured in a glass filled with ice and topped off with bubbly champagne.
Not only does it taste fresh and delicious, it’s super pretty too! The thyme sprigs float in the glass and the chopped plums swirl around as well. It’s slightly sweet and has hints of plum and thyme. It would be perfect to enjoy with brunch or dessert.
Speaking of brunch of dessert, I took a look at Isabel’s blog and chose a few recipes that I would pair this cocktail with. I think it would pair wonderfully with either the Greek Yogurt Parfaits or the Strawberry Goat Cheese pastries for brunch. If you’d rather pair it with a dessert, try it with either Brie Cheese Blackberry Bites or Vo-Vo’s Famous Strawberry Cheesecake!
I’d like to raise a glass of this Plum and Thyme Champagne Cocktail and toast my good friend Isabel’s birthday! I hope you have an amazing day friend!
- 1/2 c. water
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 2 plums, chopped
- 10 thyme sprigs
- 3 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 bottle champagne, chilled
- In a small saucepan combine the water and sugar. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, and remove from heat. Cool.
- To make the cocktails combine 1/4 cup of the cooled simple syrup, plums, thyme, and lemon juice in a bowl. Muddle until the combination turns purple from the plums.
- Place ice in 4 tall glasses.
- Pour 3 tablespoons of the simple syrup and plum mixture in each glass. Fill to the top with champagne.
- Garnish with fresh plum slices and thyme sprigs.
Adapted from My Diary of Us
Join me in celebrating Isabel’s Birthday with all the delicious food and drinks her #SundaySupper family prepared!
- Birthday Cake Cocktails by Daily Dish Recipes
- Blueberry Lavender Mojitos by Amee’s Savory Dish
- Caipirinha Colada by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventure
- Fix-Bourbon Fizz by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Mocha Martini by Desserts Required
- Mocha Mudslide by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Plum and Thyme Champagne Cocktail by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Summer Fizzies by Momma’s Meals
- 2-Ingredient Deviled Eggs by Shockingly Delicious
- Apple and Chorizo Crostini with Shallots and Basil by Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Buffalo Chicken Wontons by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Burrata Caprese Crostini with Proscuitto by The Crumby Cupcake
- Chorizo and Kimchi Potato Pancakes from kimchi MOM
- Cotija and Roasted Corn Guacamole by Simply Healthy Family
- Gluten Free Basil Tomato Flatbread by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Salt Cod Fritters by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Chai Sweet Chili Chicken Flatbread by Lifestyle Food Artistry
- Chorizo Eggs Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Espetada (Portuguese Beef Skewers) by Curious Cuisiniere
- Grilled Salmon Rice Salad by Magnolia Days
- Sofrito Marinated Beef Skewers by Nik Snacks
- Steak with Red Wine Reduction and Blue Cheese by The Weekend Gourmet
- Angel Food Cake by Feeding Big
- Birthday Blondies by Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake with Buttercream Icing by Whole Food | Real Families
- Chocolate Doughnuts with White and Chocolate Glaze by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- French Vanilla Eclair Cake by Love and Confections
- Homemade No-Churn Nutella Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cheesecake by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Italian Cream Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Japanese Cherry Blossom Brownies and 10 Tips on How-To Get Drunk With Happiness by NinjaBaker
- Mint Chocolate Cream Pie by gotta get baked
- Pink Lemonade Cookies by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Queijadas de Sintra by Food Lust People Love
- Red Currant Cheesecake Ice Cream by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Summer Peach Cake by The Wimpy Vegetarian