As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
With the holiday season in full swing imagine if everyone made just one small, smart decision a day. I know that people think, “Can I really make a difference?” The answer is yes! If everyone makes a small change, then collectively it adds up to big changes! Tetra Pak applauds the thousands of small acts of smartness that add up to make a big difference. The Tetra Pak carton packages, designed for environmental friendliness, are one small way to live smarter.
Well as soon as I saw the pumpkin puree I didn’t have any trouble deciding what to make. I am the cookie queen and our house is like a bakery around the holidays. In fact, I’ve made over 40 dozen cookies in December alone! So I took my favorite pumpkin cookie recipe, used the Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree, and made these delicious Pumpkin Molasses Cookies.
The cookies were soft, sweet, and full of delicious pumpkin flavor. I couldn’t tell any difference from the traditional pumpkin I use out of a can and the Tetra Pak cartons only have 1/3 of the packing compared to cans so I felt good about my swap.
Pumpkin Molasses Cookies
1 stick butter, softened
3/4 c. sugar
¼ c. brown sugar
1 c. Pacific Foods Organic Pumpkin Puree
¼ c. molasses
2 T. cream cheese
2 t. vanilla
2 ¼ c. flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
2 t. cinnamon
1 t. nutmeg
½ t. ginger
½ t. salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a large bowl beat the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and organic pumpkin puree together. Mix well. Add in the molasses, cream cheese, and vanilla and stir until combined.
3. In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and salt.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined.
5. Drop onto a cookie sheet by tablespoons. Bake or 10-12 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet. Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.