As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
A refreshing cocktail made with sweet raspberries, tart lime juice, and fresh mint is the perfect summer sipper.
I love raspberries. They are one of those fruits that if you can get them when they are plump and juicy they are simply amazing and I could eat them by the handful. The problem with raspberries is that they are expensive. I’m talking 4 or 5 dollars for four to six ounces which is just way too much.
So when I saw that raspberries were buy one get one free and they were on sale for three dollars I grabbed two pints. I couldn’t wait to get them home. Once home I promptly washed one pint and put them in with my fruit salad and I saved the other for baking and cooking.
That same day I happen to notice that while I didn’t have much planted yet in the yard, my mint was coming back from last year. In fact, there were 6 fairly tall mint plants that were ready to use. I grabbed a handful of leaves off the nearest plant and went back inside.
I don’t know about you but the first thing I think of when I grab fresh mint are mojitos. When the sun is shining and fresh mint is around that is my go to drink. While I love a classic mojito I think a refreshing twist is to use a second type of fruit along with the limes.
In this case I used the fresh raspberries. I put raspberries and mint in the bottom of a glass and muddled them together. Then I squeezed in the fresh lime juice and put the limes in the glass. Then I filled it up with ice, added rum and simple syrup, and gave it a swirl.
The final step is adding bubbly water and mixing everything together. I chose to add a wedge of lime, a whole raspberry, and a sprig of mint for garnish. My raspberry mojito not only tasted great but it looks really pretty too! I love the pink and green colors together.
- 1/4 c. raspberries
- 1 lime, cut into 8 wedges
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- 4 oz. white rum
- 2 oz. simple syrup
- sparkling water
- Divide the raspberries between two tall glasses. Squeeze three lime wedges into the bottom of each glass and drop in the limes.
- Add a small handful of mint to each glass.
- Use the back of a wooden spoon to muddle the fruit and mint.
- Add the 2 ounces rum and 1 ounce simple syrup to each glass and stir.
- Fill the glasses with ice and top with sparkling water.
- Add a straw and mix until well combined.
- Garnish with a whole raspberry, a wedge of lime, and a sprig of mint.
A Hezzi-D original recipe
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 1g
Friday Berry Week Recipes
- Blackberry Bourbon Mule by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Blueberry Buttermilk Muffins by The Redhead Baker
- Blueberry Lemonade by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Blueberry Muffin Cake by Sweet Beginnings
- Blueberry Cheesecake Salad by Eat Move Make
- Easy Blackberry Cobbler by Blogghetti
- Fresh Berry Toasts with Sweet Ricotta by Palatable Pastime
- Mixed Berry Scones by Family Around the Table
- Raspberry Mojitos by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Raspberry White Chocolate Poke Cake by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Strawberry Avocado Smoothies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Summer Berry Charcuterie Board by The Freshman Cook
- Vegan Summer Berry Galette by The Baking Fairy