How in the world is it July already? I feel like I blinked my eyes and summer is just flying past me. I want time to slow down so I can spend more time with Baby J. It's so nice to be off in the summer so I can spend my days with him. Plus, he's at an age right now where he is hitting so many milestones. He crawls, he pulls himself up to stand, he's trying to talk, and he's getting teeth. It's such a fun age!
But since July is here that means the 4th of July is right around the corner and everything seems to be red, white, and blue. In the past I've made quite a few red, white, and blue recipes such as sangria, a no bake cheesecake, chocolate covered strawberries, and even chocolate covered marshmallows. I tend to go for beverages or dessert but I think it's always a good idea to have a snack.
Snacks are great for BBQ's and picnics because people are usually standing around waiting while guests arrive or while the food is cooking. That's why you need appetizers and snacks before hand. I like sweet and salty snacks so this Red, White, and Blue Popcorn is just about perfect!
Red, White, and Blue Popcorn combines salty popcorn with sweet M&M's and is drizzled with colored chocolate. I also put some sprinkles on top for some extra crunch and sparkle. It turned out to be a super easy, quick, and tasty snack that I'm sure would be a hit at any summer gathering.
- 6 c. popped buttered popcorn
- ¼ c. blue candy melts
- ¼ c. white candy melts
- ¼ c. red candy melts
- red, white, and blue sprinkles
- ½ c. red, white, and blue M&M's
- Place the popcorn on a piece of parchment paper.
- Sprinkle the popcorn with red, white, and blue M&M's.
- Melt the blue candy melts in a small bowl in 30 second increments, stirring after each heating.
- Melt the white candy melts in a small bowl in 30 second increments, stirring after each heating.
- Melt the red candy melts in a small bowl in 30 second increments, stirring after each heating.
- Place the melted candy in each of three plastic zip top baggies. Cut off the corner of each and drizzle over top of the popcorn.
- Sprinkle with the sprinkles.
- Allow the candy melts to harden 30 minutes then break the popcorn apart and enjoy!
Want to see more Red, White, and Blue recipes? Check these out:
- American Pride Cookies by Jolene's Recipe Journal
- Cherry Berry Buckle Cake by Cookaholic Wife
- Firecracker Cakes by The Freshman Cook
- Firecracker Marshmallow Pops by Family Around the Table
- Firecracker Roll by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Patriotic Pudding Firecrackers by Daily Dish Recipes
- Patriotic Red, White, Blue Cupcakes by Girl Abroad
- Patriotic S'mores Brownies by Amy's Cooking Adventures
- Red White and Blue Burger Bites by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Red, White, and Blue Chia Puddings by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Salad by Simple and Savory
- Red, White, and Blue Popcorn by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Red, White, & Blue Ricotta Ice Cream by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Red White & Blue Sangria Macaron by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures