My husband and I love a good burger. In the last few years I’ve made a ton of different types of burgers and sliders including Jalapeno Popper Burgers, Pepper Crusted Ribeye Sliders, and Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders. I like to have fun coming up with ingredients and toppings for my burgers.
Last week was our anniversary. Since we now have Baby J we decided we weren’t going to go out to dinner like we usually do. Instead we decided to make dinner at home. We went to the store and bought some Certified Angus Beef® brand ground beef to make burgers with. I figured I could make the burgers and my husband could grill them along with fries for a delicious summer dinner.
I’ve only ever stuffed a burger once before and it didn’t work out so well. I put the filling in the middle of the ground beef and simply encased it in the burger. This time I wanted to try a different technique so I actually made 8 very thin burger patties. I put a shallow dent in half of them and put my filling in there and then topped them off with the other patties.
The filling consisted of cheddar cheese, jalapenos, cream cheese, and spices. This makes for cheesy and spicy Jalapeno Cheddar Stuffed Burgers. The burgers actually looked really big after I finished making them but I figured they would shrink down during cooking. I have to say that they didn’t shrink very much while being grilled.
The burgers looked amazing. They had perfect grill marks on them and none of the jalapeno cheddar mixture spilled out of the burgers. They stayed big and plump and brushing BBQ sauce on them at the end helped to keep them juicy. I couldn’t wait to dig in!
This Jalapeno Cheddar Stuffed Burger was amazing! Using Certified Angus Beef® brand ground beef to make the burgers makes a huge difference in the taste of the burgers. It’s just a better beef. The burgers were juicy and the BBQ sauce added some flavor to the outside. The jalapeno cheddar filling inside was spicy and cheesy and totally delicious. Then I added bacon and lettuce on top which made these the perfect burgers.
My husband and I both enjoyed them and even though they were really big we each ended up eating one and a half burgers along with a large side of fries. I figured it was our anniversary and it’s summertime so why not indulge? If you like a good grilled burger make sure to give this one a try!
- 1½ lb. lean ground beef (I used Certified Angus Beef brand)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- ¼ c. breadcrumbs
- 3 T. jalapenos, minced
- ¼ c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 t. garlic powder
- 3 oz. cream cheese
- ¼ c. BBQ sauce
- 4 kaiser rolls
- 8 slices bacon, cooked
- Combine the ground beef, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, black pepper, and breadcrumbs.. Mix well.
- Divide the beef mixture into 8 balls and flatten each one into a similar shaped patty. Set aside.
- To make the filling combine the jalapenos, cheddar cheese, garlic powder, and cream cheese and mix well.
- Make a dent about 2 inches in diameter in 4 of the hamburger patties. Spoon 1-2 tablespoons of filling into each dent.
- Top each burger with the filling with a plain burger patty and press together to seal.
- Place the stuffed burgers on a plate and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Heat an outdoor grill to medium high heat.
- Place the burgers on the grill and cook for 5 minutes. Flip and cook for 2-3 minutes on the other side. Brush each burger with the BBQ sauce and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from grill.
- Place a burger on each roll and top with additional BBQ sauce, 2 pieces of bacon, and lettuce. Enjoy!
Looking for more beefy ideas? Join the Certified Angus Beef® brand for beef recipes, beef discussion, and more!