How many of you need a cup of coffee in the morning to start the day? I do! Every morning as soon as I get up I go to the coffee maker and make myself a cup of coffee. Then I bring it out into the living room and sip it while working on my blog first thing in the morning.
While I will drink a cup of hot coffee on a hot summer morning I much prefer to make a glass of iced coffee. I have my basic two ingredient iced coffee recipe but sometimes I like something a little sweeter, especially when I'm going to be spending the day in the kitchen. One of my favorite types of iced coffee to get when I'm out is salted caramel iced coffee.
To make the base of the caramel iced coffee I brewed 6 ounces of a light coffee roast. Then I mixed it with caramel and sweetened condensed milk. I simply pour the coffee into a glass filled with ice and then come the toppings.
I have to admit that this iced coffee is all about the toppings. To start I spray on whipped cream then drizzle it with caramel sauce. Then I sprinkle on sea salt or fleur de sel. The last ingredient, which may come as a surprise, is cinnamon chips! Cinnamon pairs so nicely with salted caramel and it makes it look pretty too.
This iced coffee is totally delicious. The coffee itself is sweet and lightly caramel flavored. As the whipped cream melts it adds a creaminess to the iced coffee along with salted caramel and cinnamon flavor. This is definitely a treat that I enjoy making for myself when I know I have a long day or when I need a pick me up in the afternoon.
For the coffee:
- 6 oz. brewed hot coffee
- 1 Tablespoon caramel sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
For the topping:
- Whipped Cream
- Caramel Sauce
- Fleur de Sel (or sea salt)
- Cinnamon Chips
- In a coffee mug combine the hot coffee, caramel sauce, and sweetened condensed milk. Stir well.
- Fill an insulated glass or mug with ice and pour the coffee mixture over top of it.
- Top with a generous amount of whipped cream then drizzle with caramel sauce. Sprinkle with fleur de sel and cinnamon chips.
- Serve immediately with a straw.
A Hezzi-D original recipe