As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
This month the Creative Cookie Exchange is sharing drop cookies. I like drop cookies because they are easy to make. All I have to do is whip up the batter and plop them on a baking sheet. There is no rolling, no cutting, no shaping.
I’ve made a lot of drop cookies in my life. I have a basic sugar cookie recipe that I use for chocolate chip cookies, cinnamon chip cookies, oatmeal raisin cookies, and more! They are all drop cookies that can be made quickly and easily.
I wanted to make something different for this month’s cookie challenge. As usual I looked in my pantry, cupboards, and refrigerator to check out my ingredients. I’m glad I was home alone because I had bags of ingredients all over the kitchen, the counters, and the floor.
I’d been craving caramel so I grabbed a bag of the caramel bits and put them on the counter. I was either going to make a caramel pecan cookie or a chocolate caramel cookie. Since I happen to be out of pecan the chocolate caramel cookie won. As I was putting ingredients back into the cupboard I noticed the jar of Nutella.
So the Salted Caramel Nutella Cookies were made! It takes my classic drop cookie batter, adds in caramel bits, and then mixes in Nutella. The resulting cookies are chewy and delicious. I love the flavors from the chocolate, hazelnut, and salted caramel all wrapped up in one chewy-licious cookie.
- 1 3/4 c. flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 c. sugar
- 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. Nutella
- 1/2 c. Caramel bits
- Sea salt for sprinkling
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, sea salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the sugar, brown sugar, and butter. Beat until well combined. Stir in the vanilla and egg.
- Pour the flour mixture into the sugar mixture and mix well until combined.
- Fold in the Nutella making sure it is evenly mixed into the cookie batter. Fold in the caramel bits.
- Drop the batter but heaping teaspoon onto a baking sheet and sprinkle lightly with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the outside of the cookies are set. Remove from the oven and cool for 1-2 minutes before removing them to a wire rack to cool completely.
A Hezzi-D original recipe
If you are looking for inspiration to get in the kitchen and start baking, check out what all of the hosting bloggers have made:
- Banana Walnut Cookies by Upstate Ramblings
- Brown Sugar Bacon Cookies by Food Lust People Love
- Chocolate Chip Cookies with Thyme Infused Browned Butter by The Spiced Life
- Chocolate-Toffee Crinkle Cookies by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Morning Glory Breakfast Cookies by A Shaggy Dough Story
- Old Fashioned Soft and Chewy Oatmeal Cookies by Oven Delights
- Peanut Butter and Banana Cookies by 2 Cookin Mamas
- Peanut Butter Graham Cookies (with Tallow!) by What Smells so Good?
- Pumpkin Spice Mocha Crinkle Cookies by All That’s Left Are The Crumbs
- Reese’s Pieces Cookies by A Baker’s House
- Salted Caramel Nutella Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks