This post is sponsored in conjunction with #FallFlavors Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to help in the creation of the #FallFlavors Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
Easy to make chocolate chip cookies filled with chocolate chips, swirled with caramel sauce, and finished off with flaky sea salt.
Originally when I saw this recipe I thought to myself, another chocolate chip cookie recipe? I have to admit that I have many quite the array of chocolate chip cookies because they are my favorite.
After reading through the recipe I liked the swirl of caramel sauce of the sprinkle of sea salt at the end so I decided to go for it. I whipped up a batch of chocolate chip cookies using half brown sugar and half Dixie Crystals granulated sugar along with Taylor and Colledge Vanilla Bean Paste in place of traditional vanilla extract. Then I mixed in all the chocolate chip goodness.
That’s where the recipe changes. Instead of putting them on a cookie sheet and putting them in the oven you give them a dose of caramel sauce. I don’t know if you’ve tried Torani Puremade Caramel Sauce? If not you need to get it!
This caramel sauce is awesome because it doesn’t need to be stored in the refrigerator like so many other caramel sauces so it’s always ready to drizzle. It also has has a rich, buttery caramel flavor that is so good I could eat it with a spoon! So instead of making my own caramel sauce and swirling it into the batter I just used this caramel sauce instead.
I used my cookie scoop to put the cookies onto a cookie sheet and baked them until they just started getting golden brown. Then I pulled them out of the oven and immediately sprinkled them with sea salt. You don’t have to do this but it is so worth it.
These cookies are like chocolate chip cookies with a fancy twist. The caramel adds a ton of rich flavor while the sea salt tames the sweetness of the cookies. They are delicious served with a cup of coffee or a glass of milk!
Pro Tips and Substitutions:
- Use a cookie scoop when measuring your dough so all the cookies bake at the same rate.
- Press down slightly on top of the cookies if using a cookie scoop so that they have a nicer shape.
- You can certainly use homemade caramel sauce in this recipe if you would like.
- I thought toffee pieces or caramel chips would be awesome in place of the chocolate chips in this recipe as well.
Recipe adapted from Fresh April Flours
Recipe adapted from Fresh April Flours
Wednesday Fall Recipes
- Air Fryer Cinnamon Spice Donut Drops by Daily Dish Recipes
- Almond Shortbread Cookies by Take Two Tapas
- Apple Cider Mule by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Apple Cider Palmer by The Spiffy Cookie
- Baked Pumpkin Donut Bites by Cookaholic Wife
- Baked Sweet Potato Chips by An Affair from the Heart
- Bread Pudding with Crème Anglaise by Palatable Pastime
- Caramel Apple Bourbon Hot Toddy by Family Around the Table
- Caramel Apple Pie Ice Cream by Eat Move Make
- Caramel Apple Tea Cake by Big Bears Wife
- Cheddar Butternut Squash & Black Bean Chowder by Savory Moments
- Cranberry Walnut Salad with Caramel Apple Tea Vinaigrette by That Recipe
- Crispy Smashed Dutch Potatoes by Books n’ Cooks
- Easy Ginger Cookie Truffles by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Glazed Cherry Pie Bars by Art of Natural Living
- Hasselback Sweet Potatoes by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Lemon Lavender Scones by Blogghetti
- Meyer Lemon Lavender Cupcakes by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Mini Apple Crisp by Simple and Savory
- Pumpkin Whoopie Pie by Lemon Blossoms
- Roasted Maple Drenched Apple Pork Tenderloin Easy Recipe by Intelligent Domestications
- Roasted Sunchokes, Potatoes and Mushrooms by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Salted Caramel Swirl Chocolate Chip Cookies by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Spiced Apple Cider Mini Cheesecakes by Sweet Beginnings
- Sweet Potato Tart by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
The wonderful #FallFlavors sponsors have donated some awesome prizes for our readers to win. They, in conjunction with our participating bloggers and event hosts, Family Around the Table, A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures, and Hezzi D’s Books and Cooks invite you to enter the giveaway through the widget below. There are many opportunities to enter!
Dixie Crystals Sugar wants your baking to be sweet. They are giving away a set of OXO Good Grips 3 piece Stainless Steel Mixing Bowls.
Taylor and Colledge is giving away a variety of their baking pastes. Your fall and holiday baked goods will wow your family and guests.
Take dinner to a whole new level with a variety box of fresh produce from Melissa’s. Here’s an opportunity to try some fruits and vegetables you may not otherwise have in your local market.
One lucky winner will receive a goodie box with a variety of Nairn’s gluten-free products. Enjoy them for a snack or use them in creative ways for meals and desserts.
This giveaway will have multiple winners. Giveaway open to US residents only who are 18 years of age and older. Winners have 24 hours to respond to email notification. If they do not respond within that time they forfeit, and a new winner is chosen. Void where prohibited. Prize fulfillment handled by the sponsor. Neither hosts nor participant bloggers are responsible for prize fulfillment. No purchase necessary. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, or any other social channel mentioned in the posts or entry.
Thank you #FallFlavors Week Sponsors: Melissa’s Produce, Torani, Republic of Tea, Taylor & College, and Nairn’s for providing the prizes free of charge. These companies also provided the bloggers with samples and product to use for #FallFlavors Week recipes. All opinions are my own. The #FallFlavors Week giveaway is open to residents of the United States who are 18 years of age or older. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Six (6) winners will be selected. The prize packages will be sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. The #FallFlavors Week Bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household cannot enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #FallFlavors Week posts or entry.