Work has been stressful to say the least. Every time I feel like I am all caught up something else gets thrown on my plate. I've spent the last 5 months playing catch up and I'm struggling. It's hard enough to do my own job but I'm doing part of two other jobs as well right now and I'm just not enjoying it.
Usually when I am stressed to the max I either enjoy some baked goods or I might have a drink. The problem with this is that my husband and I have been eating healthy in January. That means we've been watching what we are eating and drinking so most nights drinks and desserts are not possible.
So when I saw that this week our group was sharing skinny cocktails I was totally into it. I started looking through blogs and searching for skinny versions of everything. After getting some ideas I checked to see what I had around the house and started experimenting.
I ended up making this Skinny Blueberry Lemon Vodka Fizz. Basically I had a ton of blueberries, fresh lemons, and diet ginger ale. It's best to use diet ginger ale or Sprite Zero because you get the sweetness with zero calories and don't have to add in sugar.
This drink is basically made by muddling blueberries, lemon juice, and vodka. Then I poured in the diet ginger ale and gave it a stir. That's it! This is a totally refreshing beverage that is low in calories but is really tasty! I'd make this again in a second!
- 3 T. blueberries
- 2 T. fresh squeeze lemon juice
- 1 oz. vodka
- diet ginger ale
- Place two tablespoons of blueberries, the lemon juice, and the vodka in the bottom of a tall glass.
- Use the end of a butter knife or a spoon and muddle it together.
- Fill the glass with ice then fill with diet ginger ale.
- Stir the beverage to combine.
- Add additional blueberries for garnish.
- Serve with a straw.
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 85Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 65mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 0g
- Moscow Mulette by Our Good Life
- Rosemary Lime Vodka Fizz by Daily Dish Recipes
- Skinny Blueberry Lemon Vodka Fizz by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Strawberry Vodka Gimlet by Art of Natural Living
- Watermelon Martini by Karen's Kitchen Stories