This post is sponsored by Banza. All opinions and text are my own. #NationalSlowCookerMonth
Everyone knows how much I love pasta. I could eat it every day and I’m happy to say that my child likes it almost as much as I do! We often will split a bowl of buttered noodles for lunch just because we can.
One thing that I make a lot of the time is bolognese sauce. There is nothing like a hearty bolognese sauce on top of pasta to make a delicious dinner. The only problem with bolognese is that it takes forever to make so I have to make it on the weekend. That’s why I like to make a big batch of it and freeze some of it so that we can have it three or four times.
One of the best ways to make it is in the slow cooker. Slow Cooker Pasta Bolognese is awesome because you can throw all the ingredients into the slow cooker, turn it on low, and leave it alone all day. It practically makes itself and the kitchen smells amazing.
This bolognese is packed with fresh vegetables so if you have kids that will eat pasta but not veggies this is a great way to get them to eat their veggies. I used carrots, celery, onions, and tomatoes. If you don’t have fresh tomatoes you can certainly use canned ones but the fresh ones really add to the sauce.
Once the bolognese was finished I served it over top of Banza Pasta. Banza pasta is unlike any other pasta because it’s made with 90% chickpeas. Why use chickpeas in pasta? Because it has nearly two times the protein, three times the fiber, and 30% fewer net carbs then traditional pasta. Plus, it’s delicious!
Slow Cooker Pasta Bolognese was really flavorful and it tasted great served over top of the Banza Penne. We enjoyed a large helping for dinner one night then I froze three additional batches. There are only 3 of us and one is a toddler so I would say this recipe would easily feed 4 with enough to freeze a batch for later.
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
Friday’s Slow Cooker Recipes
- Creamy Mac and Cheese with Corn by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Slow Cooker Bacon & Yellow Split Pea Soup by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup by Palatable Pastime
- Slow Cooker Chicken Bacon Ranch Sliders by Savory Moments
- Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki by The Freshman Cook
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Slow Cooker Meatballs Florentine by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Slow Cooker Pasta Bolognese by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Slow Cooker Rosemary Dinner Rolls by Blogghetti