As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
I love to make desserts. Almost every weekend I choose one or two dessert recipes to make. We then give them to friends, family members, or I take them to work. During the holiday season I’m baking more like 4-5 desserts every weekend in addition to my holiday cookie orders. It gets busy around here but I always make sure I try out recipes for Christmas Day.
I like to make two different categories of desserts. The first category is pretty, unique, and complicated. These are the desserts for the adults. Then I have the traditional, easy, fun desserts that are for both children and adults. This recipe is one for everyone. It has minimal ingredients, it’s easy enough for the kids to help make it, and yet it’s delicious.
This fudge recipe is based on traditional s’mores. It has a graham cracker crumb base that is sprinkled with marshmallows then topped off with chocolate fudge. It’s a fun combination and I taste tested it with my kid at school…they all gave it two HUGE thumbs up! I’ll definitely be taking a batch of this for Christmas dessert this year.
S’mores Fudge (adapted from Miss Information)
5 graham cracker sheets
4 T. melted butter
2 T. brown sugar
2 c. chocolate chips
1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
1 t. vanilla
1 1/2 c. mini marshmallows
1/2 t. sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9 x 9 baking dish with parchment paper.
2. Place the graham cracker sheets in a zip top bag and seal. Use a hammer or other object and crush into crumbs. (You could also use a food processor).
3. Combine the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, and brown sugar in a bowl and mix well. Press into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and cool for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, combine the chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a medium saucepan over medium low heat. Stir constantly until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. remove from heat and stir in the vanilla.
5. Sprinkle the mini marshmallows over top of the cooled graham cracker crust. Sprinkle with sea salt then immediately pour the chocolate mixture over top and spread until smooth.
6. Refrigerate for at least an hour or until set. Cut into pieces and share!
Note: Store in an air tight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.