One of my favorite alcoholic beverages is champagne. I used to think it was just for celebrating but now I enjoy sipping on a glass any time. It's bubbly, refreshing, and always fun to drink. Plus you can make some really fun cocktails using champagne!
A refreshing champagne cocktail is a Bellini. The original Bellini consisted of Prosecco mixed with peach puree or peach nectar. It's sweet, sparkling, and perfect for brunch or a cocktail party. Since the original came about people have been enjoying Bellini's in a variety of flavors.
A few weeks ago I made a delicious strawberry sauce that is great to freeze and use anytime throughout the year. I used the sauce to make a strawberry swirl cheesecake but I had some leftover. I thought putting it in champagne would make a light and refreshing Strawberry Bellini.
I simply put a spoonful of the strawberry sauce in a glass, filled it with sparkling wine (or champagne), then topped it off with a fresh strawberry. The resulting beverage was slightly sweet, fruity, and totally delicious. I could totally see myself sipping on one of these while outside at a summer brunch. Plus, you can make the strawberry sauce, freeze it, and then have it on hand anytime you have extra champagne!
- 1 lb. Florida Strawberries, tops cut off and halved
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 3 T. water
- 1 bottle champagne or sparkling wine
- Strawberry Sauce
- 6 strawberries
- Place the Florida Strawberries, sugar, and cornstarch in a food processor. Process until smooth.
- Pour the strawberry mixture into a saucepan along with 3 tablespoons of water. Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes while stirring frequently. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- When the strawberry mixture is cool divide it into ¼ cup servings and place in freezer bags, remove all air, and zip them up. You can freeze this strawberry sauce for up to 6 months.
- To make the bellini's, place 1-2 teaspoons of thawed strawberry sauce in the bottom of each of 6 champagne flutes. Fill with champagne or sparkling wine.
- Make a slit in each of the strawberries and place on the rim of the flute.