This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GiantEaglePerks #cbias #CollectiveBias
I am so excited that summer is almost here! I have 2 more weeks of school left and then I can spend all summer long with my baby and my husband! I just can't wait to be able to stay home with them during the day instead and being gone eight hours a day. My plan is to relax and have some fun!
There are also a ton of summer birthdays in my family so we often travel to Pittsburgh several times for a fun family pool party and birthday celebration. I love that Giant Eagle is my one stop shop for summer parties and fun.
On my most recent trip to Giant Eagle I stocked up on everything I needed for a birthday pool party. I started out by grabbing a bottle of sunscreen and some swim diapers for Baby J. Then I headed over to the gift cards and purchased one for the birthday boy. Finally I grabbed a few two liters of soda to take with us so we would stay hydrated while lounging around the pool and I bought everything I needed to make my Beach Ball Fruit Pizza which is always a summer hit.
Now lets talk about the Beach Ball Fruit Pizza. This is such a fun and easy snack to serve at summer BBQ's, pool parties, or even at the beach! It doesn't take too long to make and who doesn't enjoy fresh fruit when they are out in the sun?
The Beach Ball Fruit Pizza starts with a sugar cookie crust. Then it's topped off with a white chocolate cheesecake filling. Then the fruit is placed on top in panels so that it looks like a beach ball. It is a super cute way to serve a fresh fruit dessert at a summer party or picnic.
The fruit pizza is so good that kids and adults will be fighting over it! The crust is sweet and buttery while the white chocolate cheesecake filling is creamy and not too sweet. The fruit on top is both sweet and tart which makes for a summery dessert. Plus, served in this manner people can take a slice with their favorite fruit on it.
- 1 roll refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese
- 1 c. heavy cream
- 1 T. vanilla
- 1 package white chocolate pudding mix
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- ½ c. strawberries, chopped + 1 whole strawberry
- 2 clementines or mandarin oranges, chopped
- ½ c. pineapple, chopped
- 2 kiwi, peeled and chopped
- ½ c. blueberries
- ½ c. blackberries, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove the sugar cookie dough from the roll and press it into a round cookie pan (or pizza pan if you do not have a cookie pan).
- Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the cookie just begins to brown. Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Put the cream cheese in a large bowl. Mix on medium speed with a mixer until it is smooth. Add in the heavy cream, vanilla, half of the white chocolate pudding mix, and powdered sugar. Beat for 1-2 minutes or until smooth.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over top of the sugar cookie crust. You will have some leftover. Put in the refrigerator and use as a cheesecake dip for later.
- Cut the stem from the whole strawberry and place in the middle of the cookie. Use the fruit and divide the cookie into 6 sections, filling each section with one fruit. Try to make the lines curved to resemble a beach ball.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve!