I've been in the mood for cookies. I'm tired of plain old chocolate chip and wanted something fresh and delicious. Since February is the month of love and has Valentine's Day in it I was looking for a recipe that went along with this holiday.
I often think of chocolate, strawberries, and candy when I think of Valentine's Day. I rarely bake fresh fruit into cookies but I wondered how it would taste. I thought if I added in some chocolate then it would balance out the fruit in the cookie.
Initially I was going to make Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies with just chocolate chips but I wanted something a little bit different. All I ended up doing was adding in some white chocolate chips as well. Then I lowered the amount of sugar I put in these cookies because I feel like chocolate always makes cookies taste even sweeter.
The last thing I did is that I used Barlean's Organic Butter Flavored Coconut Oil instead of butter in these cookies. This is a great 1 to 1 substitute for butter and it's vegan, non-GMO, and delicious! I use it in place of butter in many of my baking recipes.
The Strawberry Chocolate Chip Cookies turned out pretty tasty. They weren't overly sweet. The strawberries kept the cookies moist and gave them a fresh fruit flavor. The chocolate chips and white chocolate chips added sweetness and flavor. These are the perfect cookie to share with your sweetheart or just a friend!
- 2 c. flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¾ c. Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- ¾ c. sugar
- ½ c. brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ½ c. fresh strawberries, stems removed and chopped
- ½ c. chocolate chips
- ½ c. white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the coconut oil, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix until combined.
- Add in the eggs and mix well. Mix in the vanilla.
- Add the dry ingredients to the coconut oil mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in the strawberries, chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto a cookie sheet at least 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes or until the edges begin to brown.
- Allow to cool for 1 minute on the cookie sheet then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
This post is sponsored by Barlean's but all opinions are 100% my own.