As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
I’ve been meaning to try my hand at stuffed mushrooms the next time I go to my parents but so far I haven’t been able to remember to do it. I think the flavors in stuffed mushrooms are so warm and comforting. So when I saw a recipe for stuffed mushroom pasta I made it the very next day.
The pasta is a combination of roasted garlic alfredo, sausage stuffing, mushrooms, and the pasta. The flavors are incredible. The sausage gives the pasta a little kick while the roasted garlic is bursting with cheesy flavor. There are plenty of mushrooms and breadcrumbs added to the mix which made me feel like I had taken a bunch of stuffed mushrooms, cut them up, and mixed them into a pasta dish. I thought it was delicious and I can’t wait to make it for my mushroom loving mother.
1 1/2 c. half and half (I used fat free)
3/4 c. Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 t. salt
For the stuffed mushroom filling:
1/2 lb. sweet Italian sausage, removed from the casings
3 scallions, minced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/2 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
4 oz. cream cheese, softened
2 T. fresh parsley, minced
1/2 t. salt
8 oz sliced mushrooms
12 oz. bowtie pasta, cooked
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large saucepan heat the half and half over medium high heat. Whisk in the Parmesan cheese and 3 tablespoons of chopped garlic. Continue whisking until the sauce is thick and smooth. Reduce heat and add in the salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Set aside.
5. Put the sausage mixture in a heat safe bowl. Add the cream cheese and Parmesan cheese and mix until everything is well combined. Stir in the parsley, salt, and pepper.
6. In the same skillet as used for the sausage, add 1 tablespoons of olive oil and saute the mushrooms for 5-10 minutes, or until the are browned. Add the mushrooms to the sausage mixture.
7. Add the bowtie pasta to the sausage mixture and stir well to combine. Toss with the alfredo sauce.
This post linked to:
Cast Party Wednesday, What’s Cooking Wednesday, Mid-Week Fiesta