Grab your Instant Pot and whip up a batch of your favorite cheesecake. Then divide it into three batters, mix in your favorite flavors, and pour into a divided springform pan for three cheesecakes baked in one pan!
Last year my mom bought me a baking set for my Instant Pot. It had a bundt pan, springform pan, and a silicone egg bites mold. I was excited to use it but honestly life got busy and I forgot about it.
A few weeks ago I was watching the Holiday Baking Championship on television and they had a challenge to bake three cheesecakes in one pan. I thought that was such an awesome idea because different people like different flavors and no one wants to bake three separate cheesecakes.
So for New Year's Eve I set out to make one of these. Since it was just going to be me, my husband, and my son I didn't want to make a huge cheesecake but all I had was a 9 inch and a 10 inch springform pan. While looking in the cupboard I found the 6 inch Instant Pot springform pan and decided to use it to make the cheesecake.
I've seen many posts lately where people have made cheesecake in the Instant Pot. To say I was skeptical was an understatement but I was willing to try. I found a lot of different recipes and eventually just went with my own and combined some of the cooking times on the recipes I had found.
- graham crackers
- cream cheese
- sour cream
- any add ins to make your 3 distinct flavors
The first and most important thing to do when making this recipe is to make the crust. I put the graham crackers, sugar, and melted butter in a food processor and processed until it started coming together. Then I pressed the crust into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a springform pan.
Now comes the tricky part. If you want to make the triple flavored cheesecake you need to divide the crust into three sections. I did this by pressing half sheets of graham crackers into the crust and making them all meet in the middle. They fell down several times but once they were up they held.
If you don't want to use graham crackers you can do this with foil covered cardboard pieces or some other type of barrier. After you get it put together freeze it while making the filling so it hardens and stands up to the filling being poured into it.
Next, make the cheesecake filling. I made a basic recipe then divided it into three bowls. In one bowl I put chopped pecans and caramel sauce. In another bowl I added cocoa powder and espresso. In the third bowl I added orange juice, zest, and halved cranberries.
I took the crust out of the freezer and carefully poured each batter into one of the sections. Using a spoon I smoothed out the tops. I'm happy to report that all three held up and did not run in to the other sections.
Now it's super important to cover the cheesecake with foil. If you do nothing else make sure you do this. If you don't your cheesecake will be extremely wet and will not set up.
Pour a cup and a half of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot and then lower in the trivet so that your cake pan will be right above the water. I had a hard time lowering the pan into the Instant Pot but finally used two forks to do it and that worked.
Once in the Instant Pot I cooked on high pressure for 40 minutes then did natural release for 10 minutes. The cheesecake came out amazing! I couldn't wait to dig in.
The fun part about making a three in one cheesecake is decorating the tops. On the chocolate espresso cheesecake I put whipped cream around the edges with a chocolate chip in the middle of each then shaved chocolate on top. On the cranberry orange one I put sugared cranberries and orange zest. On the caramel pecan one I put whipped cream around the edges with a pecan on top of each mound and drizzled with caramel sauce.
Once the cheesecake was refrigerated it was time to eat! I can honestly say that this may be the best cheesecake I've ever eaten. It set up perfectly, there were no cracks, and it was so silky smooth. My husband, who isn't a big fan of the Instant Pot, totally agreed!
So if you want to try the best cheesecake out there, give it a try in your Instant Pot!
Looking for more great cheesecake recipes? Try one of these:
Pro Tips and Substitutions:
- If you are making three types of chocolate cheesecake you can use chocolate cookies instead of graham crackers in the crust.
- Other yummy combinations of flavors could be raspberry lime, lemon lavender, bourbon caramel, and chocolate orange.
- If you don't have a trivet for your Instant Pot you can turn a small metal bowl upside down and put the cake pan on top of that.
If you’ve tried my Triple Flavor Instant Pot Cheesecake or any other recipe on Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment letting me know how you liked it. I love hearing from you! You can FOLLOW ME on:
For the crust:
- 1 c. graham cracker crumbs
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 4 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 or 4 graham cracker sheets
For the cheesecake:
- 16 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons flour
- ¼ c. sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the mix ins:
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- ¼ c. fresh cranberries, cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2 Tablespoons espresso or strong coffee
- 2 Tablespoons pecans, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon caramel sauce
- powdered sugar (as needed)
- Spray a 6 inch springform pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In the food processor combine the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter, and salt. Process until it begins to come together.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and press into the bottom of the pan and halfway up the sides.
- Break the graham cracker sheets in half. Press into the graham cracker mixture to make three sections. I used one half and one quarter graham cracker on each of my sections.
- Freeze the crust in the pan while making the filling.
- To make the filling place the cream cheese in a large bowl. Using a mixer beat at medium high speed until smooth.
- Add in the sugar and the eggs and beat until smooth.
- Add in the flour, sour cream, and vanilla and mix on high speed for 1 minute or until smooth.
- Divide the mixture into 3 bowls. I had a little more than ¾ cup of mixture in each bowl.
- In the first bowl add the orange juice, orange zest, and cranberries. Mix well to combine.
- In the second bowl add in the cocoa powder and espresso. Mix until well combined.
- In the third bowl mix in the pecans and caramel sauce. MIx well.
- If any of the mixtures looks too runny add in 1-2 tablespoons of powdered sugar and mix until thickened.
- Remove the springform pan from the freezer. Carefully pour each of the mixtures into one of the sections in the pan. Use a spoon to smooth the top of the mixture.
- Cover the top tightly with foil.
- Fill the bottom of an Instant Pot with 1 ½ cups of water. Place a trivet in the bottom and set the cake pan on top of it. Seal the lid.
- Cook on high pressure for 40 minutes. Once it has finished cooking allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes before manually releasing.
- Remove the cake from the Instant Pot and remove the foil. Place on a wire rack.
- Cool for 20 minutes then run a knife around the edge of the pan to loosen the edges.
- Allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature, about 2 hours.
- Carefully remove the sides of the springform pan. Cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve unwrap the cheesecake and decorate each section according to what flavor is in that section.
- Cut each section into 3 or 4 pieces and enjoy!
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 461Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 538mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 1gSugar: 35gProtein: 7g
Get More Cheesy Recipes:
- Cheddar Chive Bread from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Cheesy Stuffed Air Fryer Wontons from The Freshman Cook
- Cucumber Tea Sandwiches with Cream Cheese from Art of Natural Living
- Double Cheese Stuffed Crust Taco Pizza from Magical Ingredients
- Keto Everything Bagel Cheese Crisps from Blogghetti
- Malai - Romanian Cheese Filled Cornbread from Pandemonium Noshery
- Welsh Rarebit from That Recipe