As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
The last three months of the year are like a marathon. You’ve got Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Eve. All of these are holidays that revolve around some type of food, especially sweets. From October through December I make more baked goods then I make during the other nine months of the year.
This year is no different. I’ve been working on cookies because every year I bake several different types of cookies for Christmas. I wanted to do something different instead of a chocolate chip cookie. Since everyone loves chocolate chip cookies I simply wanted to do a twist on the classic so I came up with these Triple Chocolate Cookies.
I started with my classic cookie recipe which is just butter, sugar, brown sugar, eggs, vanilla, and flour. Then I added in some Barlean’s Butter Flavored Coconut Oil. I really like the flavor of the coconut oil and I think using both butter and coconut oil in cookies because it tends to leave the center of the cookies soft but makes the outside crisp. It’s like the perfect combination of textures.
There are two things that make these triple chocolate cookies are that there are three different types of chocolate in them and three different types of chocolate chips. The cookies have cocoa powder, baking chocolate, and the chocolate chips in them. Then they have milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, and white chocolate chips. This makes for the ultimate chocolate cookie.
I wasn’t exactly sure what the chocolate would do to the consistency of the cookies so I actually popped them in the refrigerator to chill before baking. Once they were on the cookie sheets I put them in the oven and hoped for the best. When they came out they didn’t spread much. They were about an inch thick and just widened a bit more.
I bit into the first one and it had so much chocolate flavor in it. The cookie was rich and screamed of chocolate plus all the different chocolate chip flavors combined to make a wave of chocolate in my mouth. These are the perfect cookie for any chocolate lover.
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, softened
- 1/2 c. Barlean's Butter Flavored Coconut Oil
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 3/4 c. brown sugar
- 2 oz. baking chocolate, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 c. flour
- 1/3 c. cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 c. chocolate chips (milk, dark, and white)
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, coconut oil, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix well.
- Add in the melted chocolate and mix until combined.
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until just combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop the cookie dough using a 1 inch cookie scoop onto a cookie sheet. Bake for 14 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool 1 minute. Remove from cookie sheet and cool on a wire rack.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe