A few weeks ago my mom called to ask me if I needed any milk chocolate or white chocolate chips. She found the big bags on sale for a great price. While I really didn’t need any more chocolate chips who can pass up a great price? When I got them home I quickly realized I better figure out something to do with them because I didn’t have anywhere to put all of the bags!
While I have a lot of great white chocolate recipes I wanted to make white chocolate brownies. I had made a white chocolate brownie recipe years ago and it turned out a little dry and crumbly. I was disappointed because they had sounded so good and I really wanted them to taste great. So I found a recipe with good reviews and went for it.
I had all of the ingredients on hand because they are basic cookie making ingredients with the addition of the white chocolate chips. I whipped up a batch quickly and poured it into a pan. As they baked they smelled amazing. It was a little like a sugar cookie and a little like white chocolate.
When I pulled the brownies out they were just beginning to get brown on top. I allowed them to cool and then cut them into squares. The first thing I noticed is that they seemed pretty moist. I couldn’t wait to try them.
My first bite I wasn’t sure about them. They tasted a lot like a great blondie which I love but I wanted the white chocolate taste. I found that the brownies in the middle had a more distinct white chocolate flavor then the ones on the edges that cooked more. Overall I thought they were moist, had a light white chocolate flavor, and were really good. They are a great alternative to a traditional brownie.
- ½ c. unsalted butter
- 8 oz. white chocolate chips
- ¾ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ t. salt
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1¼ c. flour
- ½ t. baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the butter and white chocolate chips in a bowl. Microwave in 30 seconds intervals, stirring after each interval, until the mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a large bowl and add the sugar. Mix well.
- Mix in the salt, vanilla, and eggs and mix until combined.
- Stir in the flour and baking powder.
- Spread into an 8 x 8 pan sprayed with baking spray.
- Bake for 28-30 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely.