As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
Decadent pumpkin blondies are bursting with flavor from spices and sweetened with white chocolate chips make the perfect fall treat. This post was originally published in October 2010.
Sometimes I get on these kicks where I am in the mood for a certain ingredient and then for the next week or two I make a bunch of recipes using that ingredient. So when I went grocery shopping last week and saw that they had the big cans of pumpkin, I was excited. Nothing says October and fall more then pumpkin and I’ve been collecting a ton of pumpkin recipes over the past month.
I bought two large cans of pumpkin thinking that I would be able to make three or four recipes with it. I had a few new recipes I wanted to make plus I wanted to try and revamp this White Chocolate Pumpkin Blondies recipe.
I’ll be honest. I had forgotten about this recipe. I first made it ten years ago and then it somehow got lost in the shuffle. A few days ago I was looking for something to bake and this recipe caught my eye. I could remember how awesome it was so into the kitchen I went.
For this recipe you will need:
- pumpkin pie spice
- baking powder
- brown sugar
- pumpkin puree
- white chocolate chips
My husband laughs because while most people check and see if they have all the ingredients before they begin baking I just get started. 95% of the time I have everything I need and if I don’t I can always figure out a substitution.
I was excited to remake these because I’m a huge fan of blondies. I like the fact that they have the texture similar to a brownie, but none of the chocolate flavor. Plus you can add so many different things to change the flavor of the blondies.
I quickly made the recipe and got the blondies in the oven. They smelled so good while they were cooking. Pumpkin and spices and a sweetness from the white chocolate really scented our kitchen. When they came out they looked perfect.
- 2 ¼ c. all purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 c. butter (2 sticks) at room temperature
- ¾ c. sugar
- ½ c. light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 c. pumpkin puree
- 1 c. white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Ad din the egg and mix well. Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the pumpkin puree and mix until combined. Your batter may look curdled but that is normal.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well. Fold in the white chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- Cut into 24 squares and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Erin's Food Files