If you know me, you know that I like to try my ingredients in both sweet and savory dishes to make sure it’s something I can use on a daily basis. I first tried the olive oil in my Ravioli Florentine recipe. After cooking the bacon, spinach, and garlic, I added in STAR Butter Flavored Olive Oil in place of butter and then poured it over top of the ravioli. It was delicious! I didn’t miss the butter at all because the olive oil not only tastes like butter it smells like butter too!
1 1/2 t. baking powder
3/4 t. salt
1 c. STAR Butter Flavored Olive Oil
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
3/4 c. fresh cranberries
1/2 c. pecans, chopped1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray 3 or 4 mini loaf pans with cooking spray and set aside.2. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix and set aside.
3. In a large bowl combine the olive oil, sugar, and brown sugar. Mix well. Add in the eggs and stir until combined. Stir in the vanilla.
4. Add the flour mixture to the olive oil mixture and stir until just blended. Gently fold in the cranberries and pecans.
5. Divide the batter evenly between 3 or 4 mini loaf pans. (I used 3 but my paper loaf pans were slightly larger then traditional loaf pans). Place several fresh cranberries on top of each loaf before placing in the oven.
6. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Slice and enjoy.