During the holidays I enjoy spending time with my family. We often have dinner together and then will play a game. Our current favorite is Buzz Words, which we like to play boys versus girls. It’s not really the game itself, it’s just being able to sit down and spend time with each other.
After we are finished playing games it’s usually time for dessert. As desserts are my specialty, I am the one who makes the desserts. I like to make seasonal desserts that are holiday appropriate. One that I have found that is perfect for winter holidays is the Cranberry Bliss Bar.
The Bliss Bars have a layer of blondies, topped off with cream cheese frosting, and sprinkled with cranberries. Not only is it delicious but it’s a pretty dessert as well. This dessert is easy to make but is certainly a crowd pleaser.
Cranberry Bliss Bars (adapted from Taste of Home)
3/4 c. butter
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 t. vanilla
2 1/4 c. flour
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/2 t. cinnamon
1/2 c. white chocolate chips
1/2 package (4 oz) cream cheese
1/4 c. butter, softened
1 c. powdered sugar
1/2 c. white chocolate chips, melted
3/4 c. dried cranberries
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan with baking spray.
2. Heat the butter in a skillet over medium heat until it begins to brown. It will smell nutty. Once it begins to turn brown remove it from the heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
3. In a large bowl mix the browned butter and brown sugar. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating after each addition. Stir in the vanilla.
4. In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and white chocolate chips.
5. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and stir well. Spread into the greased pan and bake for 20-22 minutes. Remove from oven and cool completely on a wire rack.
6. To make the frosting combine the cream cheese and butter in a bowl. Beat with a mixer until smooth. Add in the powdered sugar and mix until combined. Pour in the melted white chocolate and beat until smooth.
7. Frost the top of the blondies with the frosting. Sprinkle with cranberries. Cut into bars and serve.
- Peppermint Hot Chocolate with Peppermint Wands by Cravings of a Lunatic
- Chewy Brownies by Juanita’s Cocina
- Chocolate-Peppermint Puff Pastry Bites by The Weekend Gourmet
- Pomegranate Margaritas by Dinners, Dishes, and Deserts
- Gingerbread Cheesecake Cupcakes by Chocolate Moosey
- Gingerbread Whoopie Pies with Maple Poached Pears and Maple Buttercream by Pineapple and Coconut
- Cranberry Bliss Bars by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Reindeer Cookies by Noshing With The Nolands
- Mo’s Easy Homemade Eggnog by Food Lust People Love
- Spiced Madeleines by The Dutch Baker’s Daughter
- Flourless Nutella Marshmallow Cloud Cookie Cups by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Pear and Dried Cranberry Baked Custard by See Aimee Cook
- Bacon Bark by Cooking In Stilettos
- Snowflake Cake by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Gingerbread Sugar Cookies by Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies by Try Anything Once CulinaryHot Chocolate Biscotti by Home Cooking Memories
Today’s #ChristmasWeek giveaway comes courtesy of Le Creuset. Respect for tradition and authenticity has been Le Creuset’s guiding principle since 1925, and their kitchen and cook ware is known internationally. Le Creuset’s Revolution Utensil Set is available in six different colors, and it represents the next generation of functional innovations in the kitchen. Developed with chefs and culinary enthusiasts in mind, each utensil features a task-defined blade made from premium silicone, as well as a carefully crafted wood handle engineered to improve grip for a variety of kitchen tasks. The set includes one of each of the following: utensil crock, small spatula, medium spatula, spatula spoon, basting brush, jar scraper. To enter, read the details and use the Rafflecopter below!