As a big baker I’m very picky about my ingredients. I have to use quality flour, sugar, eggs, and butter to get delicious baked good. I was recently at the market and saw new Finlandia Imported Butter. I’ve never seen it before so I was excited to try it. I’ve had Finlandia Swiss Cheese before and found it to be high quality and delicious so I knew I’d like the butter as well.
Now I don’t just use butter to bake. I like butter on my morning toast or muffins. In fact, I like to try butter on a bread product before baking with it so I can really get a feeling for the flavor. I found Finlandia Imported Butter to be absolutely delicious! It’s made from pure milk that is churned to create the perfect butter. It was so good that I wanted to try baking with it as well.
I decided I wanted to make muffins to go along with this delicious butter. Nothing wakes me up in the morning like a cup of coffee and a fresh baked muffin with Finlandia Imported Butter spread on it.
I had a few apples sitting in my fruit basket and some pecans in my cupboard so I made a simple apple pecan muffin. Although simple, this muffin is bursting with flavor from the sweet apples, to the crunchy pecans, to the spiciness of the cinnamon and nutmeg. I also topped it off with a buttery crumble topping.
The muffins smelled amazing. They were soft and moist with a crunchy topping. I cut one apart for breakfast and spread it with Finlandia Imported salted butter. The combination of the salty and smooth butter with the spicy apple muffins was bliss. My husband totally agreed but enjoyed his with unsalted butter.
I found Finlandia Imported Butter at Shop Rite. Would you like to try Finlandia butter for yourself? Enter to win a $25 gift card to Shop Rite and try it for yourself.
- 4 T. unsalted Finlandia butter, softened
- ½ c. sugar
- 3 T. applesauce
- 1 egg
- ½ c. milk
- 1 t. vanilla
- 1 ½ c. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 1 t. cinnamon
- ½ t. nutmeg
- 1 t. salt
- 1 c. apples, finely chopped
- ½ c. pecans, chopped
- ¼ c. brown sugar
- ¼ c. pecan, chopped
- ¼ c. oats
- 1 T. salted Finlandia butter
- 1 t. cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line 2 muffin tins with 16 cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a large bowl cream the butter and sugar. Add in the applesauce and mix well.
- Add in the egg and beat until combined. Stir in the vanilla and milk.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until a dough forms. Gently fold in the pecans and apples.
- Fill the muffin cups ¾ of the way full with the muffin mixture.
- Combine all ingredients for the topping in a small bowl. Mix well. Divide between the muffins, sprinkling on top.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack for at least 10 minutes. Serve with Finlandia Butter.
Click the link to enter the giveaway for $25 Shop Rite Gift Card!