My blogiversary continues today with a delicious popsicle recipe and a giveaway for some of my favorite books and cookbooks! Make sure you check out the end of the post to find out how to enter.
Yesterday I woke up to a sore throat. At first I thought maybe it was just from my allergies and I didn’t think much about it. After being up for a few hours, drinking about 5 bottles of water, and it still hurting, I had different ideas. I had my fingers crossed that it wasn’t strep.
Over the next few hours I proceeded to drink several cups of hot tea with honey and lemon, downed some Robitussin, and drank a steady flow of liquids. Nothing helped. I finally decided the only thing that might possibly make it feel better was a popsicle. When I looked in the freezer I found that I didn’t have a single popsicle in there.
I immediately went looking for my popsicle molds. I found them, washed them, and began looking for something to pour in them. My eyes fell on the A&W Ten Root Beer. I also started getting a hankering for a root beer float. I started searching through the refrigerator and freezer and came up with a tub of Cool Whip. I mixed Cool Whip with some vanilla yogurt and then combined everything in the molds.
They turned out wonderfully! It was like an upside down root beer float. The tops of the ice pops were all root beer and the bottom was almost all the Cool Whip but in between they mixed nicely. It was a delicious popsicle that totally made my throat feel better. I may have eaten several after my throat was feeling better as well. Why not? Each pop comes in around 60 calories!
- 2 c. A&W Ten Root Beer
- ½ c. Cool Whip light
- ¼ c. low fat vanilla yogurt
- Fill the popsicle molds halfway full with root beer. Set aside.
- Combine the Cool Whip and yogurt together in a bowl. Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each mold along with the root beer. The root beer will bubble up like a float.
- Fill the molds to ¾ of the way full with more root beer. Add another tablespoon of Cool Whip. Take a knife and mix the Cool Whip into the root beer.
- Fill the rest of the way with root beer. Place the popsicle sticks in and freeze for 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and run the popsicles under hot water for 5 seconds and then pop out and enjoy!
Ready for another fun giveaway? This one is for a few of my favorite books and cookbooks from this past year. I’m giving away 5 fabulous books and 2 fun cookbooks. This giveaway is open to my readers in the United States only. To enter fill out the Rafflecopter form. The following books are included in the giveaway:
–Dark Lover by JR Ward (The first book in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series-a favorite of mine!)
–The Black Song Inside by Carlyle Clark
–Bossypants by Tina Fey
All Day and A Night by Alafair Burke
–Pretzel Making at Homeby Andrea Slonecker
-The Lucky Santangelo Cookbook by Jackie Collins