In case you missed my post last week, I was lucky enough to go to the Sabra factory and get a tour as well as seeing the complete line of Sabra products and meeting the Chef that works in their test kitchen. Want to read about it? Click here to read about my Sabra adventure.
It's summertime! Since I'm not working this summer (WAHOO!) I am actually able to prepare lunches at home. During the school year I usually eat a frozen meal or leftovers since I only have about 25-30 minutes each day for lunch. So whenever I'm home, I like to make something different. My favorites are gourmet grilled cheeses and different types of wraps.
Generally when I make wraps I go with chicken. It's something we always have in the house and it works well with any vegetables or sauces I want to put on it. However, since the farmer's market is open and we have a CSA again this year, there are plenty of vegetables each week for us to enjoy. I decided to saute some vegetables and make a delicious vegetarian wrap.
I used eggplant, zucchini, squash, and peppers left over from a vegetable lasagna I may a few nights ago. Many different vegetables could be used in this wrap. In addition to the vegetables I added Sabra's sun dried tomato hummus and feta cheese. I love adding Sabra hummus to my wraps because it doesn't add all the fat and calories that mayo or salad dressings add. I put everything on a spinach wrap and called it a day! The wraps were so flavorful and delicious. Perfect for a summer lunch!
- 1 T. olive oil
- ½ of a medium eggplant, peeled and diced
- ½ of a large zucchini, peeled and diced
- ½ of a large yellow squash, peeled and diced
- 1 c. bell peppers, seeded and diced (I used red and green)
- ½ of a red onion, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- ½ c. Sabra Sun Dried Tomato Hummus
- ⅓ c. feta cheese
- 4 Spinach Wraps (or your favorite flavor)
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add in the eggplant, zucchini, squash, peppers, and red onion and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and saute for 3-4 additional minutes, or until the vegetables have softened.
- Remove from heat, taste, and season with salt and pepper.
- To assemble the wraps, spread a few tablespoons of hummus on the wrap, top with ¼ of the vegetable mixture and sprinkle with 1-2 tablespoons feta cheese. Tuck in the side of the wrap and roll up. Slice in half and serve.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 396Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 599mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 7gSugar: 9gProtein: 12g