Yesterday I woke up to a sore throat. At first I thought maybe it was just from my allergies and I didn't think much about it. After being up for a few hours, drinking about 5 bottles of water, and it still hurting, I had different ideas. I had my fingers crossed that it wasn't strep.
Over the next few hours I proceeded to drink several cups of hot tea with honey and lemon, downed some Robitussin, and drank a steady flow of liquids. Nothing helped. I finally decided the only thing that might possibly make it feel better was a popsicle. When I looked in the freezer I found that I didn't have a single popsicle in there.
I immediately went looking for my popsicle molds. I found them, washed them, and began looking for something to pour in them. My eyes fell on the A&W Ten Root Beer. I also started getting a hankering for a root beer float. I started searching through the refrigerator and freezer and came up with a tub of Cool Whip. I mixed Cool Whip with some vanilla yogurt and then combined everything in the molds.
They turned out wonderfully! It was like an upside down root beer float. The tops of the ice pops were all root beer and the bottom was almost all the Cool Whip but in between they mixed nicely. It was a delicious popsicle that totally made my throat feel better. I may have eaten several after my throat was feeling better as well. Why not? Each pop comes in around 60 calories!
Root Beer Float Pops
Easy to make Root Beer Flaot Pops have just 3 ingredients and take just minutes to make for a yummy summer treat!
- 2 c. A&W Ten Root Beer
- ½ c. Cool Whip light
- ¼ c. low fat vanilla yogurt
- Fill the popsicle molds halfway full with root beer. Set aside.
- Combine the Cool Whip and yogurt together in a bowl. Place 1 tablespoon of the mixture into each mold along with the root beer. The root beer will bubble up like a float.
- Fill the molds to ¾ of the way full with more root beer. Add another tablespoon of Cool Whip. Take a knife and mix the Cool Whip into the root beer.
- Fill the rest of the way with root beer. Place the popsicle sticks in and freeze for 4 hours.
- Remove from the freezer and run the popsicles under hot water for 5 seconds and then pop out and enjoy!
A Hezzi-D Original
I am most excited about The Lucky Santangelo Cookbook by Jackie Collins. I love cooking and trying new recipes.
Bossypants by Tina Fey sounds good! I'm excited to win that one.
The Black Song Inside by Carlyle Clark
I think the pretzel cookbook would be fun!
I want to try the pretzel cookbook.
Dark lover by Jr ward
The Lucky Santangelo Cookbook by Jackie Collins
Electric blue? I read Bossypants last year!
I would like to read Tina Fey's "Bossypants". I love her humor!
Eva @ Eva Bakes
The pretzel book looks awesome!
Sarah @ SnixyKitchen
Most excited about reading Bossypants finally!
I'm most excited about "Bossypants". I've wanted to read it for a while.
I think the pretzel cookbook. Fun! I hope that your throat feels better.
I've been wanting to read Bossypants, so I'd be excited to win it!