I am a big fan of truffles. I like eating them and I like making them. They are one of those treats that taste delicious and look gorgeous. I’ve made several different truffles over the years and I like to experiment with making them during the year so when the holidays approach I have a few solid recipes to work from.
While I like Oreos, I really like Golden Oreos. I wanted to make a Golden Oreo truffle but the only ones I’ve found have cream cheese in them. I don’t like using cream cheese in truffles because then they have to go into the refrigerator. So I started looking for something else to bind the Oreos together to make a tasty treat.
I tried several different things until I found the winner. Marshmallow fluff is a great binder and the flavor goes well with Golden Oreos. After combining them together I simply rolled them and popped them in the freezer.
After the truffles are frozen, white chocolate is melted and the truffles are dipped in the white chocolate. Then I sprinkled the truffles with gold sprinkles.
- 2 c. Golden Oreos
- ½ c. marshmallow cream
- 2 c. white chocolate
- gold sprinkles
- Place the Golden Oreos in a food processor and process until the Oreos are in crumbs.
- Pour the Oreo crumbs into a big bowl and add the marshmallow cream. Stir until everything is combined.
- Roll the mixture into 1 inch balls and place on a cookie sheet. Freeze for 15-20 minutes.
- Place the white chocolate in a bowl. Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove the truffles from the freezer. Stick a wooden skewer in one end, dip it into the white chocolate, and tap off the excess chocolate. Place the dipped truffle on a piece of wax paper.
- Repeat with remaining truffles.
- Allow the truffles to harden then place in an air tight container for up to 1 week.