I feel like I can't catch up these days. I get home at 4 and by the time I have dinner cooked and sit down to get some work done on the blog it's 7pm. After I work on the blog and schedule my social media it's 8:30 or 9 and I have to take a shower and go to bed. It's crazy!
I've been working hard on making easier meals during the week. The problem with easier meals is that they aren't always healthier meals. I could use convenience products, and I often do, but sometimes I want fresh fruits or vegetables with my meal but I don't want to spend a lot of time preparing them or cooking them.
I found a simple recipe for skillet cauliflower. It's sauteed in a skillet and then steamed so it looks great but it cooks fairly quickly. It was ready in about 25 minutes which was the perfect time to go with my entree.
I love that this cauliflower has a bit of panko and Parmesan cheese on top of it. It really adds a nice flavor to the dish. Plus the toasted pine nuts add a bit of nuttiness to the cauliflower. It's really a flavorful vegetable side dish and it's easy to make because most of the time it requires is hands off so it was easy to work on my entree instead.
Skillet Roasted Cauliflower with Panko
Take your cauliflower to a whole new level with toasted pine nuts, butter, and a tasty Parmesan panko topping.
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, divided
- ¼ c. panko
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 3 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- Toast the pine nuts in a large skillet over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown. This will take 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in the same skillet and add the panko. Stir often until brown. Remove from skillet and put in bowl with pine nuts.
- Add the remaining oil to the skill and add the cauliflower, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add 1 cup water.
- Heat over high heat until cauliflower is tender crisp and all the water has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and butter and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and toss with panko, pine nuts, and Parmesan.
Recipe fromBon Appetit
Leave a Reply