I feel like I can’t catch up these days. I get home at 4 and by the time I have dinner cooked and sit down to get some work done on the blog it’s 7pm. After I work on the blog and schedule my social media it’s 8:30 or 9 and I have to take a shower and go to bed. It’s crazy!
I’ve been working hard on making easier meals during the week. The problem with easier meals is that they aren’t always healthier meals. I could use convenience products, and I often do, but sometimes I want fresh fruits or vegetables with my meal but I don’t want to spend a lot of time preparing them or cooking them.
I found a simple recipe for skillet cauliflower. It’s sauteed in a skillet and then steamed so it looks great but it cooks fairly quickly. It was ready in about 25 minutes which was the perfect time to go with my entree.
I love that this cauliflower has a bit of panko and Parmesan cheese on top of it. It really adds a nice flavor to the dish. Plus the toasted pine nuts add a bit of nuttiness to the cauliflower. It’s really a flavorful vegetable side dish and it’s easy to make because most of the time it requires is hands off so it was easy to work on my entree instead.
- 2 T. pine nuts
- 1 T. olive oil, divided
- ¼ c. panko
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 T. butter
- 3 T. Parmesan cheese
- Toast the pine nuts in a large skillet over medium high heat, stirring frequently, until golden brown. This will take 2-3 minutes. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in the same skillet and add the panko. Stir often until brown. Remove from skillet and put in bowl with pine nuts.
- Add the remaining oil to the skill and add the cauliflower, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add 1 cup water.
- Heat over high heat until cauliflower is tender crisp and all the water has evaporated, about 10 minutes.
- Add in the garlic and butter and cook for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and toss with panko, pine nuts, and Parmesan.