Pork chops are a difficult thing in our house. My husband doesn’t love pork chops and while I enjoy them, I get tired of making the same few pork dishes over and over again. I’m not sure what it is about pork but I have a hard time visualizing new flavors with it. I basically make a fried pork chop, a dijon pork chop, BBQ pork chops, and sometimes stir fried pork. That’s about it.
I’m so glad this week Sunday Supper is sharing Easy Pork Chop recipes! I’m hoping to gather a ton of new and exciting pork chop recipes. I like making pork because it cooks up quickly and it takes on the flavor of whatever it’s cooked in. They are fairly cheap which makes them a great choice as well.
While looking for recipes using pork chops I came across so many smothered pork chop recipes. I like smothering my chops in gravy and with mushrooms or bacon or other flavors. So I thought they were a good idea but I didn’t know what to serve with them. Then I decided that smothered pork chops over top of noodles would be an easy and complete meal.
I used boneless pork chops because they cook faster and they are easier to eat. Nine times out of ten I buy boneless pork chops instead of bone in. I decided to go with a homemade mushroom gravy to go over top of the pork chops. I know a lot of recipes call for “cream of” soups but making your own gravy is so easy and so much better.
After the pork and gravy were cooked I put them over top of egg noodles for a delicious and easy meal. Start to finish this dish takes less than 30 minutes and uses ingredients found in most kitchens. It’s great for a weeknight meal or as part of Sunday Supper.
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 T. butter
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, copped
- 2 c. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 T. flour
- 1 t. thyme
- 2 c. chicken broth
- ¼ c. heavy cream
- ¼ c. sour cream
- 1 t. black pepper
- ½ t. salt
- 2 c. egg noodles, cooked
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add the pork chops and cook for 3 minutes per side or until just browned. Remove from pan.
- Melt the butter in the same skillet. Add in the onion, garlic, and mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the thyme and flour and stir until everything is combined. It will be very thick.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the heavy cream, sour cream, pepper, and salt and mix until combined.
- Add the pork chops back in and cook for 10 minutes over medium heat.
- Remove from heat and serve over top of cooked egg noodles.
- Braised Orange Tomato Pork Chops by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Braised Pork Chops with Country Gravy by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Breakfast Chops by Palatable Pastime
- Brown Sugar and Balsamic Glazed Pork Chops by My Sweet Savings
- Chili Rubbed Pork Chops with Apricot Ginger Glaze by Life Tastes Good
- Cider Braised Pork Chops with Apple and Rutabaga by Caroline’s Cooking
- Creamy Apple Pork Chops by Savory Experiments
- Easy Cilantro Lime Pork Chops by Cooking Chat
- Easy One Pan Oven Roasted Pork Chops by Pies and Plots
- Easy Oven Baked & Breaded Pork Chops by Hardly A Goddess
- Fontina Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by Soulfully Made
- Fried Pork Chops by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Grilled Boneless Pork Chops with Broccoli Rabe by Simple and Savory
- Grilled Pork Chops with a Strawberry Balsamic Glaze by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Indian-Spiced Pork Chop Potato Skillet by Sunday Supper Movement
- Japanese-Style Pork Chops Tonkatsu by Asian In America
- Mom’s Cornflake Pork Chops by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Mushroom Smothered Pork Chops over Noodles by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
And More Pork Chops
- One Pan Pesto Pork Chops by Cricket’s Confections
- Pork & Peppers Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Pork Chops Dijonnaise by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Pork Chops with Dirty Rice by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pork Chops, Peperoncini and Potatoes by Tramplingrose
- Prosciutto Wrapped Brie and Onion Stuffed Pork Chops by The Freshman Cook
- Quick Brine Pork Chops with Brown Sugar Glaze by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Quick Easy Maple Glazed Pork Chops by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Skillet Tuscan Pork Chops by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Slow Cooker BBQ Pork Chops by Big Bear’s Wife
- Slow Cooker Pork Chops with Mushroom Sauce by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spicy Maple-Glazed Pork Chops with Jalapeno Cheese Grits by The Weekend Gourmet
- Vietnamese Grilled Pork Chop by Brunch-n-Bites
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement