Today is National Pizza Day! Since we are a pizza loving family I just knew I had to celebrate this occasion by making and sharing a new pizza recipe. The only thing I was worried about was making a pizza that my toddler would eat as well.
While walking around Aldi last weekend I saw a man carrying a package of flatbread. Intrigued I went down the bread aisle searching for them and found that two large flatbreads were only $2.50! I purchased them thinking that I could totally go home and make J and I flatbread pizza for lunch.
Once home I started looking in the refrigerator and freezer for possible topping ideas. One thing that jumped out at me were the frozen buffalo chicken tenders. I knew I could make both the chicken tenders and the flatbread pizza in the Air Fryer so I got to work.
Since the flatbread was so big I cut it into 4 pieces. I was able to fit three of them in the Air Fryer but this recipe is for one large flatbread pizza cut into 4 pieces. I actually used 3 pieces to make the Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza and the extra one to make J a flatbread pepperoni pizza and hoped he would eat it. The boy is picky about his pizza.
To make the pizza I heated the frozen chicken tenders in the Air Fryer for 5 minutes while I got the flatbread ready to go. If you only have regular frozen chicken tenders that's fine. You can make them and then toss them in buffalo sauce instead of buying the buffalo chicken tenders.
You can make the sauce two ways. You can either just use buffalo sauce as your main sauce which I personally think is too spicy or you can mix up a combination of marinara and buffalo sauce which has the perfect amount of spice in it. I used the marinara and buffalo combination then spread mozzarella on top. Once the chicken came out I chopped it into pieces and put it on top of the pizza.
The flatbread pizza was ready in about 4 minutes. I pulled it out, sprinkled blue cheese crumbles on top, and then I drizzled it with Ranch dressing. You can also drizzle it with blue cheese dressing.
The buffalo chicken flatbread pizza was awesome. The flatbread was crispy on the edges and softer in the middle. The sauce had a nice bit of heat to it but it wasn't overpowering. The chicken tenders were crispy and spicy but worked well with the blue cheese crumbles and ranch drizzle to cool it down. Overall it was just about perfect and I can't wait for my husband to try one! My toddler loved his pepperoni version so I'm sure we will be having these again soon.
- 6 frozen, breaded buffalo chicken tenders
- 1 large flatbread pizza crust
- ¼ c. marinara sauce
- 2 T. buffalo sauce
- ⅓ c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3-4 T. blue cheese crumbles
- 2 T. ranch dressing
- Place the frozen chicken tenders in the Air Fryer and cook at 380 for 5 minutes. Remove them and cut into bite size pieces.
- Meanwhile, combine the marinara sauce and buffalo sauce and spread it all over the flatbread pizza crust.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on top of the crust.
- Divide the chicken pieces evenly on top of the cheese.
- Cut the flatbread into 4 equal pieces. Place as many as will fit in the Air Fryer at one time.
- Cook in the Air Fryer for 3-5 minutes or until the edges are crispy and the toppings are cooked.
- Remove from the Air Fryer and sprinkle with blue cheese crumbles.
- Place the ranch dressing in a zip top baggie and snip off the end. Drizzle the dressing on top of the flatbread and serve.
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 58mgSodium: 1181mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 4gProtein: 19g
Check out all the other great National Pizza Day Recipes:
- Air Fryer Buffalo Chicken Flatbread Pizza from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Cheesy Pan Pizza with Turkey Sausage from Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Copycat Taco Bell Mexican Pizza from Palatable Pastime
- Dill Pickle Pizza from Kate's Recipe Box
- Goat Cheese and Pickled Jalapeno Pizza from The Spiffy Cookie
- I Give You My Heart Pizza from A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Indian Inspired Pizza from Foodette & Family
- Pizza Pull Aparts from Cindy's Recipes and Writings