Sadly, we do not have a decent bagel place in my town. When I lived in Pittsburgh there was no shortage of places to go and get a great bagel in the morning. Now we can get an ok bagel but it's nothing compared to what you can get in a city.
I really enjoy making my own bagels but it's always such a process. You have to make the dough, let it rise, boil the bagels, then bake them. While it is totally worth it, I don't always have the time I need to make them.
That's why when I saw a recipe for Air Fryer Everything Bagels and one of my friends said they had tried them I was super excited. This recipe is very basic with only a handful of ingredients. There is no need for the bagels to rise, they don't need to be boiled, and they are placed in the Air Fryer for just a few minutes.
I gave these bagels a try and while they definitely aren't the rise, boil, and bake bagels I have to say they are pretty good and they are ready in under 30 minutes from start to finish. The recipe only makes 4 bagels but it can easily be doubled. I only put 2 bagels in the Air Fryer at a time but you could easily put all 4 in there if you have a bigger Air Fryer.
These Air Fryer Everything Bagels are surprisingly tasty. The outside gets gold brown but the inside is super soft. It's not exactly the texture of a boiled and baked bagel but man is it surprisingly good. I used Trader Joe's Everything But the Bagel Seasoning which is just good on everything. My husband and I each put cream cheese on half and butter on the other half. They both rocked.
My plan was for us each to have one with our dinner then we would save the other two for breakfast. It's safe to say that the other two didn't make it until the next day. We each ate the other bagel before the evening was over and there were no regrets about that!
So if you are looking for a good bagel that can be made in under 30 minutes these are the ones you need! Give them a try, I think you'll thank me!
- 1 c. flour
- 2 t. baking powder
- 2 t. kosher salt, divided
- 1 c. plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 T. Everything But the Bagel seasoning
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, and half the salt.
- Add the Greek yogurt and mix until well combined and a dough begins to form.
- Dust your work surface with flour and knead the dough for 2-3 minutes or until it's tacky but no longer sticky.
- Divide the dough into 4 equal balls. Roll each ball into a 1 inch thick rope and join the ends to make a bagel.
- Beat the egg in a small bowl and brush over top of the bagels. Sprinkle with the remaining salt and Everything But the Bagel seasoning.
- Preheat the Air Fryer to 280 degrees.
- Bake the bagels for 15 minutes. Remove from Air Fryer and cool at least 10 minutes before cutting.
Recipe from SkinnyTaste
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 49mgSodium: 1570mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 11g
- Air Fryer Everything Bagels by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Asiago Cheese Bagels by Pastry Chef Online
- Breakfast Bagel Pizza by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Smoked Salmon Spread by That Recipe
- Stir-Fried Bagels with Cabbage and Bacon by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Strawberry Cream Cheese by Art of Natural Living
- Water Bagels by Simply Inspired Meals