This post is sponsored in conjunction with #BrunchWeek. All opinions are mine alone.
Today I'm sharing a recipe that I just can't stop making. That is no joke. I've made this at least 5 times and I've only gotten pictures this last time. That's because as soon as I pull it out of the oven we devour it. It's that good!
The recipe is Apple Crumble Bread. I know that you are thinking another apple bread? Trust me on this one....it's not your average apple bread. It is so much better then anything you are thinking. In addition to making it for us 5 times I've also made it for work once and for a friend another time.
So what makes this bread so special? I’m honestly not sure since the bread is a classic recipe, there are apples in the middle, and then a sweet crumble topping made with Dixie Crystals sugar is put in the middle and on top. I think it’s something about the crumble topping melting into the bread that makes this bread super delicious.
It also depends on the apples. I’ve tried several different types of apples and each one makes the bread taste different. In this recipe I used Lady Alice Apples from Rainier Fruit Company. Lady Alice Apples have a distinct pink stripe over a creamy-yellow background. Lady Alice® has a distinctive taste and its dense flesh is sweet with a hint of tartness. They are really tasty.
This Apple Crumble Bread turns out super moist and delicious. The middle is bursting with spiced apples and the crumble mixture. The top is crunchy and has the spices in it. Overall it makes delicious breakfast bread when served with coffee or tea or it would be great as an afternoon snack.
For the crumble:
- 1 ½ c. flour
- ¼ c. sugar
- ½ c. brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
For the bread:
- 1 c. flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 Tablespoons butter
- ½ c. Dixie Crystals sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ c. sour cream
- 2 Lady Alice® apples, peeled and chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- To make the crumble put all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and use your hands to crush the butter into the dry ingredients. When it is ready the mixture will resemble wet sand. Set aside.
- To make the bread combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a large bowl cream together the butter and sugar. Add the egg and mist well.
- Stir in the vanilla and sour cream.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour half of the bread mixture into the prepared pan. Top with the chopped apples. Sprinkle with half of the crumble.
- Carefully pour the remaining bread mixture over top of the apples and crumble and spread until smooth.
- Sprinkle the top with remaining crumble.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the top is golden brown and the bread is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and put on a wire rack to cool completely.
- When ready to enjoy run a butter knife around the outside edges of the pan and carefully turn the bread out onto a plate. Slice and enjoy.
Recipe adapted from OMG Chocolate Desserts
Take a look at what the #BrunchWeek Bloggers are creating today!
Homemade Orange Julius from A Day in the Life on the Farm
Kimchi Bloody Mary from kimchi MOM
Mimosa Bar from Love and Confections
BrunchWeek Egg Dishes:
Asparagus & Pancetta Frittata from The Chef Next Door
Breakfast Burritos from Books n' Cooks
Chilaquiles from The Redhead Baker
Coddled Eggs with Bacon and Cheddar from Family Around the Table
Eggs Benedict Breakfast Tacos from The Spiffy Cookie
Parmesan Polenta Brunch Bowl with Asparagus and Sausage from Cooking with Carlee
Put an Egg on it Mac and Cheese from Sew You Think You Can Cook
Smashed Sweet Potato Rosti with Butter Poached Egg from Nik Snacks
Smoked Eggs over Asparagus from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
Spinach Baked Eggs with Habanero Cheddar from Sweet Beginnings
BrunchWeek Breads, Grains and Pastries:
Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread from Pink Cake Plate
Apple Crumble Bread from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
Apple, Sausage & Cheddar Oven Pancake from Wholistic Woman
Cheddar Asparagus Breakfast Tarts from It Bakes Me Happy
Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal from Big Bear's Wife
Cinnamon Roll Pizza from Palatable Pastime
Best Dutch Baby Pancake Recipe from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
English Raisin Scones with Apple Jam from The Crumby Cupcake
Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls from Gluten Free Crumbley
Strawberry Lemonade Muffins from An Edible Mosaic
Strawberry Rolls with Orange Icing from The Nifty Foodie
Tiramisu French Toast from Brunch-n-Bites
Twisted Star Cinnamon Rolls from Amy's Cooking Adventures
BrunchWeek Main Dishes:
Biscuits and Gravy Bubble Up from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
Cheesy Bacon Chile Rellenos from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Country Fried Steak & Eggs with Habanero Cheddar Gravy from Forking Up
Homemade Chicken Sausage & Egg Stromboli from Hardly a Goddess
Spinach, Artichoke and Asparagus Strata from Cooking in Stilettos
Ultimate Cheddar Grits Bowl from The Barbee Housewife
Veggie Loaded Breakfast Enchiladas from Sarcastic Cooking
BrunchWeek Fruits, Vegetables and Sides:
Apple and Creamy Ricotta Crepes from From Gate to Plate
Apple Cheddar Bites with Honey and Pepper from Feeding Big
Spring Asparagus Salad from Girl Abroad
Sweet Pea Sipper from Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Thai Asparagus Slaw from Jane's Adventures in Dinner