I'm back with another Baby Food Friday! I've still been making most of Baby J's baby food but a lot of it is single foods so it isn't very exciting. This week I'm sharing one of his absolute favorite foods, Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal.
I think it's funny that he likes this so much because he thinks oatmeal is just ok and he likes apples enough but they aren't his favorite. However, when I combine the apples with the oatmeal and add in cinnamon he can't get enough of it! I love that he enjoys it because I can get a fruit and a grain into him in a single serving.
To make the Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal I started out how I puree his apples. I peel the apples, steam them, then blend them in the Baby Bullet along with some water and cinnamon. Then I dump that puree into a bowl and mix in the oatmeal.
You can keep this in the refrigerator for up to 3 days or freeze it for up to a month. I've been making this in bigger batches because he eats this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal once a day. I've tasted it myself and have to admit it's pretty good. Plus since I make it myself I know there are no preservatives and no added sugar.
- 3 large apples, peeled, cored, and cut into quarters
- ⅓ c. water
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ c. baby oatmeal
- Steam the apple pieces until they are soft.
- Place the apples, water, and cinnamon in the Baby Bullet or other blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the apple mixture into a large bowl and mix in the oatmeal.
- Place in the refrigerator or portion into 2 ounce servings and freeze.
- When ready to serve remove from refrigerator and microwave for 10 seconds.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe