Go ahead and say it...I'm obsessed with sliders this summer! I have no idea where this obsession came from but I've been buying the 1 ½ pound package of ground beef which makes 6 delicious sliders. This is great because it's enough for my husband and I to eat them for dinner and then again the next day for lunch. I love it!
I've also found that sliders are easier to cook because they only take a few minutes on each side. I'm pretty sure I've found the best burger slider base recipe so I've been leaving that along and then changing up the different toppings. I love coming up with combinations of cheese and vegetables on top of the burgers.
This week Sunday Supper is all about Easy Football Food and since I'm a huge football fan I'm sharing one of my favorite sliders. This one started with bacon because bacon is always one of our favorite burger toppings. I picked up a package of Swiss cheese at the market earlier in the week and wanted to make Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders. Bacon Swiss is a classic combination and I knew it would taste great with my slider recipe.
I immediately went to the refrigerator to check and see what vegetables we had to pair with the Swiss cheese and bacon. We are still getting our weekly CSA so I knew there were plenty to choose from. After digging around in the vegetable drawer I chose mushrooms and onions. It's another great combination that I thought would work well with these burgers.
My husband went to work grilling the sliders while I fried up the bacon in one pan and the onions and mushrooms in another pan. Just about the time he said they were almost finished I rushed out with the cheese and buns then removed everything from the heat.
To assemble the burgers we melted the cheese on the sliders then topped them with the bacon, mushrooms, and onions. I liked this combination a lot. The Swiss cheese was fairly mild but melted beautifully. The bacon was salty and crisp, and the mushrooms and onions added a lot of flavor. I did add a touch of steak sauce when I was eating these but they were great on their own as well.
- 1½ lb. 85/15 ground beef
- 1 T. BBQ seasoning
- 1 T. Montreal Steak Seasoning (or other steak seasoning)
- 2 t. Worcestershire sauce
- 1 t. black pepper
- ½ t. salt
- 1 T. olive oil
- ½ onion, thinly sliced
- ½ c. mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and pepper
- For assembling the burger:
- 6 slider buns
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and halved
- To make the burgers put the ground beef, BBQ seasoning, Worcestershire sauce, Montreal seasoning, pepper, and salt in a bowl. Mix together with your hands and form into 6 sliders.
- Place the sliders on a grill heated to medium high heat. Cook for 3-5 minutes per side or until desired temperature is reached. Place a slice of Swiss cheese on each slider and close the lid for 1 minute or until melted.
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add in the onions, mushrooms, and garlic and saute for 6 or 7 minutes or until all the vegetables have softened. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Remove from grill and place the sliders on the buns. Top with bacon and a tablespoon of the onion and mushroom mixture. Serve immediately.
- Atomic Buffalo Turds by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Avocado Corn Salad by Books 'n Cooks
- Bacon-wrapped Shrimp Jalapeño Poppers by Food Lust People Love
- BLT Bites by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Buffalo Cauliflower Bites by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs by Highlands Ranch Foodie
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos with Cilantro Crème by Cooking with Carlee
- Chipotle Lime Chicken Fajita Sliders by Flavor Mosaic
- Cucumber Shrimp Cups by Sunday Supper Movement
- Game Day Burger Sliders by Dessert Geek
- Gyro Meatballs & Herbed Yogurt Dip by My Life Cookbook
- Ham and Salami Rollups by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Healthier Patatas Bravas by Caroline's Cooking
- Kale Pesto Dip by Cooking Chat
- Lemony Chicken Wings by Basic N Delicious
- Liptauer (Hungarian Cheese Spread) by Curious Cuisinere
- Loaded Guacamole by Casa de Crews
- Loaded Smashed Potatoes by The Hungry Goddess
- Mexican Spinach Dip by Meal Planning Magic
- Nachodillas with Jalapeno Bean Dip by Palatable Pastime
- No-Bake Almond Energy Bites by Pies and Plots
- PB&J Wings by The Crumby Cupcake
- Pork Belly Sliders by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Queso Blanco Dip by Life Tastes Good
- Roasted Jalapeno and Chorizo Queso by The Texan New Yorker
- Sausage Pizza Dip from Family Foodie
- Ultimate Taco Dip by Monica's Table
- Bacon Swiss Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Black Bean Chili by Cricket's Confections
- Blackberry Sriracha BBQ Wings by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honey Lime BBQ Chicken Thighs by Our Good Life
- Mexican Pizza by Chef Next Door
- Oven-Fried Chicken Tenders by Food Done Light
- Oven-Fried Fish Sliders by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders by The Redhead Baker
- White Chicken Chili by Powered by BLING
- Buffalo Chicken Pasta Salad by Crazed Mom
- 5-Ingredient Buckeye Dip by A Mind Full Mom
- Brownie Bomb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Chocolate Football Cookies by The Freshman Cook
- Miso Salted Caramel Ice Cream Sandwiches by Ninja Baker
- Touchdown Popcorn Toffee Bark by The Weekend Gourmet
- White Chocolate Toffee Chunk Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board