As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
We make a lot of quiche in our house. I like to make it for dinner because I can usually whip it up in ten minutes or less and then pop it in the oven for 45 minutes or so while I enjoy spending time with my family. It’s also a great way to use up leftover vegetables in the refrigerator. I try to combine veggies, cheese, and some type of meat in each quiche so we get the benefits of the different food groups.
This time I went for a very simple quiche. Sometimes I think I over think them and end up adding way too many ingredients. I think the simplicity in this Broccoli and Cheddar Quiche is what makes it so good. Of course having quality ingredients doesn’t hurt either.
I started out with Wewalka Refrigerated Pie Crust. I’ve had their pizza crust before but never knew they had pie crust. It’s really delicious and makes for a golden brown and flaky crust. Then I whisked together Eggland’s Best Eggs with some milk. I then added in broccoli, cheddar cheese, bacon, and just a few seasonings. That’s it! When I said simple I meant it.
I put it all in my gorgeous Nordic Ware Quiche and Tart Pan. I love that the sides of this pan are higher than a traditional tart pan but that the bottom still pops out so once the quiche cools for a few minutes you can simply take it out of the pan, set it on the table, and serve it from there. Plus it’s this fun teal blue color.
The quiche baked up nicely in about 40 minutes. It looked amazing when I pulled it out of the oven because it was golden brown all over. It smelled great too. The flavors were spot on and would be perfect for breakfast, brunch, or dinner. I like that this type of quiche is so versatile and can be served for a family or a holiday gathering!
- 1 Wewalka Refrigerated Pie Crust
- 4 strips of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 c. milk
- 1 c. cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 c. broccoli, cut into small florets
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Press the pie crust into a quiche pan or tart pan (I used a NordicWare quiche pan). Set aside.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs. Add in the milk and mix well.
- Add in the bacon, cheese, broccoli, garlic cloves, black pepper, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour into the quiche pan. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the pie crust in golden brown and the eggs are well cooked.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes. Push up on the bottom of the quiche pan and remove the quiche.
- Slice and enjoy.
A Hezzi-D Original recipe