As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read the full disclosure here.
I just recently started eating salmon. It has to be cooked right and it has to be a good piece of fish but when both of these things come into play them it can be delicious. I recently received some salmon from the Wild Alaskan Company.
Wild Alaskan Company is a monthly seafood membership that will deliver wild-caught, sustainable seafood right to your doorstep. They ship premium, wild-caught seafood to members all over the country. You can choose from three different boxes. There’s a salmon box, a white fish box, and a combination box. You can choose a 12 pack of fish or a 24 pack of fish.
My first box included Coho Salmon, Sockeye Salmon, Pacific Cod, Pacific Halibut, and Wild Sockeye. I was so excited to start cooking with wild-caught, sustainable fish. I immediately made my No Fail Beer Battered Fish with the cod. It was so flaky and tender inside and crispy on the outside.
Then I turned to the Coho Salmon. I saw a recipe that broiled the salmon after it was covered in butter and herbs. I liked that it didn’t have to spend much time in the oven and prep time was only about 10 minutes.
This recipe is really simple. You heat a pan in the oven under the broiled. Then you dip the salmon in melted butter and put it in the pan and broil for several minutes. Then the herbs, breadcrumbs, and cheese are sprinkled on top and everything is broiled until the fish is cooked to a perfect 145 degrees.
The salmon is really tasty. The herbs, butter, and cheese make a delicious topping for it and it almost melts in your mouth. We really enjoyed it and I know it’s because it was such a good piece of fish.
Want to learn more about Wild Alaskan Company? Click HERE to receive $15 off your first order and to learn about the different boxes!
- 4 (6 oz) salmon filets
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 t. salt
- 1 t. black pepper
- 1/4 c. fresh chives, chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons fresh grated Parmesan
- Turn your oven broiler on high and place a cast iron skillet in the oven for 7-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter and place it in a shallow dish.
- Combine the chives, cilantro, and garlic in a small bowl and mix to combine.
- Remove the skillet from the oven. Immediately dip the salmon into the melted butter coating both sides. Place the fish skin side down in the skillet. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the skillet under the broiler for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from oven and divide the herb mixture on top of the filets. Then sprinkle with lemon juice.
- FInally, divide the breadcrumbs then the Parmesan cheese on top of the salmon.
- Put the skillet back under the broiler for 5 minutes or until the salmon reads at 145 degrees.
- Serve immediately.
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 197Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 788mgCarbohydrates: 5gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 8g