A few weeks ago my mom came to visit. Whenever she comes she always brings me some baking supplies because she knows I love to bake. When she pulled out her bag of goodies my eyes went right to the Nestle Toll House DelightFulls. They are chocolate morsels filled with a variety of fillings. My mom bought me the milk chocolate morsels with caramel filling and the dark chocolate morsels with mint filling. Nestle Toll House DelightFulls also come in milk chocolate morsels with peanut butter filling and dark chocolate morsels with cherry flavored filling.
I couldn't wait to get baking with them. Since we are having a huge holiday party this weekend I thought it would be fun to put a twist on the classic chocolate chip cookie. Instead of putting chocolate chips in the batter I substituted the Caramel DelightFulls. Then I browned the butter, added additional vanilla, and used a lot of brown sugar. I also added a secret ingredient...nutmeg!
These cookies smelled amazing baking in the oven. The brown butter mixed with the brown sugar gave the cookies a sweet and slightly nutty scent while the milk chocolate caramel morsels gave off a delicious scent as well. When the cookies came out of the oven they were perfect. Lightly browned on top and golden brown on the bottom. The cookies were slightly crispy on the outside but soft on the inside.
When I bit into the cookie it was like a burst of flavor. I could taste the brown butter in the dough as well as the chocolate and caramel from the DelightFulls. The cookie simply tasted like the holidays and my husband and I had trouble leaving any for our party guests! Needless to say, these cookies were a huge hit at the party and we didn't have any left at the end of the night! They are the perfect cookie to put on your holiday baking list.
- 2 sticks salted butter
- 1 c. brown sugar
- ½ c. sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 T. vanilla
- 2 ¼ c. flour
- ½ t. baking powder
- ½ t. baking soda
- 1 t. sea salt
- ½ t. nutmeg
- 2 c. caramel Nestle Toll House DelightFulls
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium skillet heat the butter over medium heat. Once it has melted swirl the pan around until the butter starts to foam. Stir the butter until you see it begin to brown and it begins to smell nutty. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Pour the browned butter, brown sugar, and sugar in a large bowl. Mix well to combine.
- Stir in the eggs and vanilla and mix well.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sea salt, and nutmeg. Mix well.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until combined.
- Fold in the caramel Nestle Toll House DelightFulls.
- Drop the cookies on a cookie sheet by heaping tablespoons. Space them out 3 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies for 11 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 2 minutes on the cookie sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
A Hezzi-D Original Recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 147Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 197mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 0gSugar: 18gProtein: 1g