I’ve recently been on a dessert kick. This is not just any dessert kick, it’s a “take a classic dessert recipe and put a spin on it” type of kick. I’ve really been having fun with it because there are so many creative combinations of food out there!
This time I took the classic Rice Krispies treats and made them a little more gourmet. I started with browned butter, added in some pecans, and finished it off with butterscotch chips for a fun twist on Butter Pecan. Want to do something even more fun? Serve it with a scoop of Butter Pecan ice cream on top!
I’m sharing it this week as part of the 12 Weeks of Christmas Treats, hosted by Meal Planning Magic, because it’s the perfect no fuss no muss treat to share around the holidays. It’s nice to have a dessert I can whip up in under 15 minutes if someone happens to stop by or if I get invited to a last minute holiday party.
Browned Butter Pecan Rice Krispies Treats (a Hezzi-D original)
3 T. butter
2 c. Jet-Puffed Marshmallows
2 1/2 c. Rice Krispies cereal
1/2 c. pecans, chopped
1/2 c. Nestle butterscotch chips
1. Butter an 8 x 8 baking dish or 9 x 9 baking dish an set aside.
2. Melt the butter in a large pot over medium heat. Continue stirring every 30 seconds or so until the butter begins to brown. Cook for an additional minute or until the butter is browned and smells nutty.
3. Immediately add in the marshmallows and stir until they are completely melted and mixed with the butter.
4. Remove from heat and add in the pecans, Rice Krispies and butterscotch chips. Stir until everything is completely mixed together.
5. Using a buttered spatula, pour the mixture into the prepared pan and spread it until it is smooth.
6. Allow to cool for 10-15 minutes then cut into squares and enjoy.
Don’t want to miss any of my holiday recipes? Then be sure to CLICK HERE so you can subscribe to all of my updates.