Take your grilled cheese sandwich to the next level with spicy buffalo chicken, two kinds of cheese, and ranch or blue cheese for dipping with my Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich.
Happy Easter to everyone who celebrates! To is a special day. Not only is it Easter but it's also National Grilled Cheese Sandwich Day! Since I am a huge fan of the grilled cheese sandwich I couldn't let this day go past without sharing one of my favorites.
When thinking about the prefect grilled cheese I had a hard time because I've posted some pretty awesome ones in the past. I have the Pizza Grilled Cheese which is a kid favorite, the Strawberry French Toast Grilled Cheese which is awesome for breakfast or dessert, and the Jalapeno Popper Grilled Cheese which is sure to be a crowd pleaser. I have another handful of grilled cheese recipes on my blog so it was hard to come up with one that I haven't shared before.
That's when I came up with the Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese Sandwich. I mean, who doesn't like buffalo chicken with cheese? All I had to do was put it on a toasted bun and add some dipping sauce and I was done.
The best part about this sandwich is that I had a pound and a half of chicken so I was able to cook it all then divide it in half for two different dinners. I used half to make soup and the other half to make these sandwiches. I love being able to cook once and use it for two totally different recipes.
In this sandwich I used mozzarella cheese and American cheese but really you could use any two cheeses you would like. I think the mozzarella is a good choice but blue cheese would be a great second choice if you like it. I also think that gouda would be good on this one.
This sandwich ended up being super yummy. We served it along with fries which made for an easy dinner. The sandwich was buttery, spicy, and full of cheese and I really enjoyed dipping it into Ranch dressing to cool it down.
- 1 ½ c. rotisserie or cooked chicken, shredded
- ¼ c. buffalo sauce
- 2 T. butter
- 4 slices American cheese
- ½ c. mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 slices sandwich bread
- 2 T. butter
- Ranch or blue cheese dressing
- In a microwave safe bowl combine the chicken, buffalo sauce, and butter. Cover with a paper towel and heat for one minute.
- Remove from microwave and mix well. If the chicken was in the refrigerator you may want to cook for 30 more seconds to heat it up.
- Butter 4 slices of bread and put them in a large skillet oveer medium heat or on a griddle.
- Divide the mozzarella cheese between the bread slices. Place ¼ of the chicken mixture on top of each bread slice. Top each with one slice of American cheese.
- Place another slice of bread on top of each sandwich and butter the outside.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes or until the bottom begins turning golden brown and the mozzarella cheese is melting.
- Carefully flip to the other side and cook for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Remove to a plate and cut in half. Serve with Ranch or blue cheese dressing.
A Hezzi-D Original recipe
ALL THE GRILLED CHEESE!
- Blueberry Ricotta Grilled Cheese by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Breakfast Pancake Grilled Cheese by A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Broccoli Cheddar Grilled Cheese with Bacon by Sweet Beginnings
- Buffalo Chicken Grilled Cheese by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Easy Grilled Cheese Hot Dogs by Blogghetti
- Grilled Blue Cheese and Onion Sandwich by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Hawaiian Pizza Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Italian Sub-Style Panini by That Recipe
- Jammy Brie Grilled Cheese by Art of Natural Living
- Mushroom Pizza Grilled Cheese by Palatable Pastime
- The Cuban Sandwich (Cubano) by Karen's Kitchen Stories
- Ultimate Grilled Cheese Sandwich by Making Miracles